Why you SHOULDN'T live in Frankston (Mini-rant)

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I was robbed in Mackay once. I ended up minting on the replacement of the stolen goods.

You said at least 40 xbox 360 games stolen right... and 4 iphones?

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I was robbed in Mackay once. I ended up minting on the replacement of the stolen goods.

You said at least 40 xbox 360 games stolen right... and 4 iphones?
Haha well, always good to get something good out of something bad!

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
So the neighbour heard the break-in and just ignored it? That's so weak, surely they could've rung the cops or even just give a yell over the fence, probably would've scared the burglars off. Is that even legal? To just turn your back on a robbery and not even bother reporting it?
Did you have insurance mate?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I remember when moving into a unit getting insurance & they wouldn't believe I had over 600 DVDs.... lol they wanted photos for proof.

I wouldn't want this lady as my neighbour either. I can't believe someone just stands by & does nothing, yet knows about it. Faith in humanity dropping.....

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
Thanks all for your concern, means alot. The neighbour heard the break-in without realising what it was (the maintenance bloke was there earlier that day, she assumed it was him bumping about). When she glanced at the thief leaving through the front door, she thought it was me, as apparently he looked like myself(and was walking casually out the front door with my overnight bag on his back full of all my shit). By the time she had cottoned on that none of our cars were home hence it couldn't have been me, I rocked up (missing the burglar by about ten/twenty minutes) and that's when I spoke to her.

Either that or she was too scared to do anything, but I doubt she would have done it herself, they seem pretty respectable folks next door.

And according to the police, this is the first reported break-in in my little corner in over five years...

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
Neighbour's house got done last night, same MO. Got a number plate this time...

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Get new locks and new window locks, good ones. They usually break in, take the small stuff and see what else there is. They then wait about 3 weeks for insurance to replace your stuff, only to come back again and clean out the place when your not home.
They are getting braisen these days mate, be careful.

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
They've been getting in by smashing a window and reaching in to unlock it. We've got an alarm now, just gotta set it up. There's a total of five units in my corner, the others will probably be hit next. We're all patrolling each others hoses now when our neighbours aren't home.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Thanks all for your concern, means alot. The neighbour heard the break-in without realising what it was (the maintenance bloke was there earlier that day, she assumed it was him bumping about). When she glanced at the thief leaving through the front door, she thought it was me, as apparently he looked like myself(and was walking casually out the front door with my overnight bag on his back full of all my shit). By the time she had cottoned on that none of our cars were home hence it couldn't have been me, I rocked up (missing the burglar by about ten/twenty minutes) and that's when I spoke to her.

Either that or she was too scared to do anything, but I doubt she would have done it herself, they seem pretty respectable folks next door.

And according to the police, this is the first reported break-in in my little corner in over five years...

Unfortunate about the timing, and about your neighbour not approaching.. But at the same time can't really blame a woman on their own approaching one or probably 2 or more blokes breaking in to a house on her own! With the way these people are (low life theives) they probably wouldn't hesitate about doing something bad to her or something! =/

wookie

Crunching Gears
Premium Member
First Name
Aaron
Drive
LTD and 1300 coupe
Friggin lowlifes :( We used to leave our timber awning kitchen window(very front of house where every one can see)open about an inch for a bit of fresh air to find one day some prick has jammed his fingers in there and try'd to push the fly screen in to get to the winder. You fell gutted just knowing some one has try'd let alone having your place broken into.
I feel sorry for ya dude...

Top Bottom