Will an EVO X SST gear knob fit on a Galant VR-4?

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
That looks just like the EVO 8/9 manual gear knob. I've just put one of those into my Turquoise VR-4. The main difference is that the 8/9 one is for a manual car so it has the H pattern on it.

Brad, the other main difference would be that this knob costs only about $30 - pretty good value and enough change left over to get a shift pattern sticker!

You may have seen my previous post in this thread where Mitsubishi Aastralia wanted $339 for a factory knob.

They were also cheeky enough to want to charge $55 for a "30 minute fitment". News flash to Mitsubishi - screw on knobs take less than 30 seconds to install!

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
hey bruce, if you would be so nice,

would u be able able to bust out the ktichen scales and weigh the sst knob and the factory knob?

also, arent the duracon's like 120 bucks? i hav seen some urethane (i think it was urethane) copies on ebay for 30 bucks, thats with threaded fitment and h-pattern

G

Unregistered
It has not shift pattern at all. So if you are using it for anything else, you are truly a master street racer that needs no stinking shift pattern to get it right!!!
Are you a master street racer? Well are you? :p

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
hey bruce, if you would be so nice,

would u be able able to bust out the ktichen scales and weigh the sst knob and the factory knob?

also, arent the duracon's like 120 bucks? i hav seen some urethane (i think it was urethane) copies on ebay for 30 bucks, thats with threaded fitment and h-pattern

Believe it or not but I don't own a set of kitchen scales.

I'm posting a second knob to another member so I'll ask Australia post to weigh it.

Yes, the duracon knobs aren't the cheapest but I'm not paying for this one ;)

It's a genuine Tomei knob with threaded pattern and H pattern. They had the knob in both 70mm and 90mm length. I wasn't sure which length would suit our cars and had a punt with the longer knob - better to have a long knob than a short one ... lol!

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
Are you a master street racer? Well are you? :p

Lol Brocky!

I also had a quiet chuckle at the Chinglish on the listing.

To be frank, if anyone needs to see the H pattern in order to drive, then I'm not sure that the manual box is for them!

Top Bottom