Window problem

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Got in my car this morning and discovered that the passenger window will only wind about 3/4 of the way down and it sounds like it hitting something. Was working fine up till now and the motor definitely sounds OK. Don't know if it's relevant but Gold Coast car sound fixed up a tweeter emitting buzzing noises about a week ago (crossover problem), have no idea whether they were in the doors innards but I have never taken my passenger door trim off. The window wont open all the way with it's own button, so it has nothing to do with the resistance sensors in the auto windows. Anyone had a similar problem, or know how to fix it? Thanks

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
take it back to them and tell them you can't fully open your windows.. i bet the crossover is stopping the window from lowering fully..

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
It was working fine after i got the car back from there for like a week though. Guess it is the most likely answer, maybe something came loose.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Crossover has become loose?

Another reason why crossovers shouldn't be mounted in the door.

Is your door sound deadened?

I suspect that taking off the door trim will give you the answer but let Gold Coast Car Sound find that out for you.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Yeah i'll have to take it in for them to have a look, hopefully that's the problem..easy to fix that way. Thanks fellas. :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
It was working fine after i got the car back from there for like a week though. Guess it is the most likely answer, maybe something came loose.

that's why i mounted mine outside the trim.. no way that it'll get stuck somewhere.. and so that i can adjust it..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
They probably mounted it with double-sided tape, which came unstuck after a few days, hence the problem not being immediately obvious.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
I hate bodgy installs cos them few times you try to open and close your window your probably pulling wires or squashing the xover in the door.:001_mad:

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Meh, if they stuffed the crossover they're paying for a new one :p

yup and if it happened to me.. i wouldn't leave the workshop if they dont replace it... you broke it you replace it.. fool!

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Yeah got the car back and all is well. Window is working fine and crossover is secured properly :)

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Yeah it had come loose, the guy who played around with the crossover last week admitted that he obviously didn't secure it right.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Can't believe it, now the window is mucking around and not going up all the way...like the resistance sensor is stopping it. I'll have to take it back AGAIN and tell them to relocate the crossover to under the damn dash like I asked in the first place. So hard to find people who actually give a shit and do their job properly!!

Top Bottom