Wiring Diagram Please - S1 Fog Lights

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Hey guys;

I have a electrical problem; I switch my fogs on at the switch; the dash shows them "on" the other lights dim; however no fogs come on.

I have checked the fuses in the engine fuse box; all seem fine.

Any help / wiring diagram / details would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance.

G

Unregistered
the switch is duel sided,
one side of the switch turns on the dash light,
the other the spots,

possibly a faulty switch, can you test it with a known good one??

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Are the lights actually connected? They might have had the snip during compliance by mistake.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
They used to work fine; I have replaced the bulbs recently; and they were working flawlessly for the last 2 weeks since the bulbs were changed. Last night; they just didn't turn on.

*update*: I just took the switch out and everything seems ok; I can hear a relay in the engine bay clicking as I turn it on.... any ideas ?

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Replaced with Eclipse bulbs; they are like brand new. They have been working with no probs up until last nite.

The fact the relay still clicks when I flick the switch concerns me as to the issue; I'm not really wanting to rewire the lights completely.

Thanks for the help guys; I'll update as I pull them out.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I'd check voltage in the globe socket, if nothing check voltage on the contact points at the back of the switch, then work from there. If the switch is working correctly but the globe socket has no power, you have a break somewhere, and I'd be willing to bet its the relay.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Test light for the win..... Can't go wrong :)

Like Trev said, start at the switch and work your way to the lights

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
awesome! cheers for the help! I'll keep you posted

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
*UPDATE*

OK, so I can't believe it; both bulbs were blown!! These are brand new!! I will be contacting the ebay seller and requesting replacements. Lets hope the headlight bulbs hold up a little longer.

Replaced with the standard navara bulbs and they are working as good as new.

Thanks all for the info and help. Much appreciated. I should prolly get myself a workshop manual... just too scared to buy one thats missing half the pages... e.g. ebay scam copy.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
*UPDATE*

OK, so I can't believe it; both bulbs were blown!! These are brand new!! I will be contacting the ebay seller and requesting replacements. Lets hope the headlight bulbs hold up a little longer.

I just installed the eclipse bulbs into my headlights too!
I do a lot of night driving, so it sounds like I'd better cary around some spares.
(np; the light they throw out is terrible. Not recommended)

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
I just installed the eclipse bulbs into my headlights too!
I do a lot of night driving, so it sounds like I'd better cary around some spares.
(np; the light they throw out is terrible. Not recommended)

They are the same as the phillips bulbs of the same spec. Its the coolness of the bulb, seems to light up anything reflective VERY well; but fails to deliver light in a beam you can see.

Perhaps HID's are the next stop. Even tho they are useless in normal housing; at least they would be bright.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Kangaroos are not very reflective. :banghead:

Can't say I've seen too many kangaroo's on the roads around my area :p Only other stupid mammals that jump in front of cars... of the 2 legged variety.

Top Bottom