X-COM : Enemy Unknown

G

Unregistered
Surely with the mature age of most of us VR-4 Pilots, I am not the only person who has pre ordered and is now impatiently waiting for this to be released. I am surprised it hasn't been advertised a lot more, It's predecessor, Xcom : UFO Defense , Is regarded as one of the best games of all time and It is accountable for a large chunk of my time from years back. If you haven't checked it out, or you weren't aware of it, check it out on YouTube and pre order yourself a copy, if you were a fan if the original you will be glad to know this is the rebirth of Turned based strategy RPG's, re-imagined for next gen gaming machines, I have dreamt about this for years along with HOMM,Silent storm and JA2 to name a few. I can't wait......
Kingpanther.....I'm counting on you to back me up here mate :p

storm_detonation

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
storm_detonation
Drive
2000 Silver VR4, Toyota Hilux
Yeah I'm definitely look forward to it. I had seen some stuff about it on an off for a while but about a week ago I saw that the demo was on steam so I downloaded it and loved it. Might go and pre-order tomorrow all things permitting.

G

Unregistered
Is the demo alright? I haven't got it but I might just to get me more excited haha. I'm getting it for 360. Such a Console Fanboy...

storm_detonation

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
storm_detonation
Drive
The demo is ok but it gives you a reasonable idea of what the game is like. It starts you off with a combat section teaching you about movement etc. Then it gives you a chance to pick where your base will be, either in North America or Europe. It takes you to the base and shows you a few things and then it gives you a choice of two missions and that's the demo over. It doesn't give you a chance to do any base building or anything like that so a bit of a disappointment but oh well. The full game will be here soon enough :)

storm_detonation

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
storm_detonation
Drive
Went and placed my pre-order today at eb. Looking forward to the 12th!

G

Unregistered
Awesome, I will have to find an excuse to get the day off work haha.

4Ever4Now

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Tim
Drive
Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
I''ve been dying for a sequel to come out for ages. The original game is probably one of the reasons I'm addicted to gaming.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

G

Unregistered
I am just glad that someone has stepped up and released a game that belongs to a "dead Genre". Turn based strategy is my ultimate favourite genre.

4Ever4Now

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Tim
Drive
Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
I am just glad that someone has stepped up and released a game that belongs to a "dead Genre". Turn based strategy is my ultimate favourite genre.

True that, someone should also redo Jagged Alliance. Memories....

G

Unregistered
Jagged Alliance has been recently re-done. It slipped in under the radar http://www.jaggedalliance.com/gb/ It is by no means a terrible game, I actually really enjoy it and it is a very solid experience, it just stepped a little too far from JA2 for me to be able to connect with it. I have put hundreds of hours into JA2, so many play through's its not funny, I still play it now. Check out some reviews and see what you think, it's not money wasted in my opinion.

X-Com is just coming back exactly the same, and that's exactly what want. Turned based strategy is so challenging and rewarding, it's so suspenseful when you get interrupted by an unseen enemy and have to sit and watch their rounds flying over your head while you are frozen mid stride. Every fire fight is so suspenseful and needs to be planned so perfectly and you need to adapt on the fly when crap hits the fan, I love it. And then theres the RPG,Base Building and Tech elements, it's everything awesome rolled into one haha. Hopefully it inspires more developers to jump into the Genre in the future because those games are sorely missed.

4Ever4Now

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Tim
Drive
Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
Aaah! Jagged Alliance how'd I miss that? Gotta check it out now.

G

Unregistered
Good to see it got a decent review, I hate though when games lose points because they are hard with a steep learning curve. And I think it's a bit strange to also give it negatives for streamlining the combat not keeping it like the original. The original is so massively tedious and drawn out haha. Either way it doesn't matter, I'm sure it will be perfect, I have played a hundred games that scored average and I thought were phenomenal. Getting very keen now.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I pre-ordered this game so many months ago and I have been hanging out since. I got the special PC edition :)

I to have played may hours on the original games my favorite was by far X-COM: Terror From The Deep. I just loved the sound track and the creepy underwater missions, underwater just seemed more daunting than the land battles. I still have them and play them from time to time, I'm actually surprised more people haven't heard of X-COM, I have asked a few people about it and everyone I ask has never heard of it.

But yeah, I don't think I have ever been this excited about a game getting released, I want it now :p

G

Unregistered
Yeah few games have got me this worked up haha. I was pumped as for Space Marine which I was pretty happy with, BF3 I was nearly dying of anxiety waiting for it, same with Skyrim. But this is the first real faithful remake of classic turn based strategy/action/management/RPG, I don't know why the Genre died but this will surely help to bring it back to life.
XCOM UFO Defence is regarded as one of the Best games EVER released, but somehow as you said, a lot of people don't know it exists. Kind of like the 8th Gen VR-4 :p

Jagged Alliance 2, Silent Storm, Heroes of Might and Magic, X-COM series, UFO series, they all owe me hundreds of hours in total. This game is going to be a blast for sure.

G

Unregistered
Awesome, street date was broken on X-Com, It's available now, about to go pick mine up now, I don't think its available on steam though for you PC guys. I know X-BOX is and I assume PS3 is but I will find out and let you know.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Picked mine up this arvo too, woo.

EDIT: Apparently I cant play it yet because its not released yet, this is such bullshit, F##K Steam, I hate it so much. I have the game in front of me but I cant play it because Steam says so! :(

storm_detonation

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
storm_detonation
Drive
Dammit I got the girlfriend to get it because I couldn't and now it looks like I may as well have waited until tomorrow because of steam :(

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Does anyone else have problems with the special features CD, CD2? Its suppose to have a soundtrack, ring tones and wallpapers on it and all my CD has is this:

XCOM CD2.jpg

Top Bottom