xjokux - cb lancer vr4 conversion

G

Unregistered
xjokux - cb lancer vr4 conversion // Brisbane - QLD (pictures added)

Hey all, I"m Johno

Just signed up as I've seen some legnum vr4 around.

I originally had a 91' Gsr cb lancer early last year and written it off on compton rd next to the shell station. I ended up buying a cb lancer glx shell stripped it bare and swapped over all the gsr components.

I just recently finished a j-spec 89' vr4 conversion in my car, loving it!!

There's not much cb's around anymore.. well I pretty sure I'm the only one now in brisbane who's mods them :( most of them are located innerstate for some stupid reason.

Anyway I'm looking forward to cruising with you guys cause your closest next thing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: just isn't the same crusing with non-mitsubishi cars.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
oh nice work mate! got pics and details on it? :)

G

Unregistered
Alright.. This won't be as great as others as I've written like 4 millions times on 4 millions mitsu forums

I've only had this car for 1.5 years

I never had the chance to take a photo when I bought it cause I crashed it 4 days after LOL so here are a pictures just before the glx cb lancer swap to gsr.

1.6L J-spec GSR

Now this is where I say 'The tree hit me! hahha'

The back got totally smashed, surprisingly the front was mint!

My new car a bought which had a 1.5 efi engine costed $400

G

Unregistered
(I've reached max pictures so had to make another post)

Now that I had everything it was time to strip the ladies down

Bla bla bla.. strip... strip.. strip

1.5 engine 1.6engine

so that was pretty much my first conversion. I pretty much built this car from scratch, on the plus side I know every inch of it now :D

That whole process took me about a month to do. Saturday and Sunday working morning to night. I've swapped over everything I had from the gsr (brakes, struts, engine loom, car loom, list goes on but everything!! even the carpet!)

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
you forgot to show a picture of how it looks now lol

edit - the last post being 2 minutes ago there is probably another on its way..... nevermind this post haha

G

Unregistered
So I was back on the road.. was pretty stock. I'll just post the stages it looked from then and before the vr4 conversion and pictures of mods I've done.

(I couldn't be stuff putting these in time line order)

G

Unregistered
I dont have recent pictures yet.. I havent finished my wrap which will be tomorrow. The I'll take new pictures LOL..

BUT WAIT THERE MORE.....

mod time: mitsu badge, custom grill, cluster color changed from green to red, dash color green to red also, neon lights and my front lip. that was how low it was everytime I drove home, I had to reverse it every day! It cleared it by 3mm off the ground reversing.

G

Unregistered
(continued)

re-powder coasted 16" rims, king springs & kyb excel-g shocks all round, painted calipers and my rear adjustable sway bar (works magically on a fwd!)

G

Unregistered
Ok.. also there LOL

vr4 conversion time!

My vr4 89' j-spec halfcut

painted rocker cover and inlet mani, heartsheild and cam cover

My new exedy HD clutch and ligten flywheel

comparing from old to new parts

G

Unregistered
Since I used the vr4 gearbox I had to lock the diff to all the power to front wheels. removed rear shaft that goes to transfers case and block hole

new clutch and flywheel installed

locking the diff.. 2 tac's didnt work, once I had the conversion done, first test run it snapped.. so I had to take the box out again and re weld few layers.

G

Unregistered
once engine was ready I repainted my engine bay also

G

Unregistered
engine is in, this is probably the most recent picture I have.

Since then I've added a bit of bling

Removed my fat ass aircon fan and installed a slim line fan and sync it with radiator fan.

and finally moved my oil cooler to the side where its vented alot better.

G

Unregistered
That's all for now

At the moment I'm running

4g63t j-spec engine
sard fuel regulator
3" exhaust with highflow magna cat
walbro fuel pump
tod5 14b
4 x 205/40/16
vr4 afm, ecu, injectors, intercooler piping and intercooler.
blitz turbo timer
greddy profec 2 ebc
whiteline rear adjustable sway bar
whiteline strut brace

future plans are:

twin pot calipers & larger slotted rotors
chipped ecu
bigger injectors
tdo5 16g
055 maf
custom turbo intake
cold air box
battery relocation

probably missed a few but merr.. i'm over this now lol

happy viewing

G

Unregistered
i love it,is that the only bit of red on the car?

that gone now :D

it's all grey now, with boot, side guard and hood being a shade darker with slotted stripe across the car to connect the two.

G

Unregistered
I've fixed my timer turbo ages ago.. just miss a wire to connect. I've installed greddy profec b 2 ebc. I've tune it.. spikes less now but still a lilttle 2-3psi. (btw I've heard you can change the kpa reading to psi anyone know how?).

I've vinyl wrap my car, believe or not the WHOLE car is cover with vinyl.. bumper, doors, roof, guards comes way cheaper at my end.

and my front lip is back too with a matt black finish.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hey Johno, nice car you've got.. saw one of these about 2 years ago.. i think it had the factory 4G93T and AWD.. I think it was imported..

nice conversion that you have there.. any chance of doing the AWD?

also I got some brakes sitting at home that you might wanna try out.. which i will be selling soon that you might be interested in..

Top Bottom