xjokux - cb lancer vr4 conversion

G

Unregistered
i would like awd but i think im done doing big conversions now lol plus cost way tooo much.

twin pot calipers? i've been meaning to upgrade brakes to vr4 rotors and twin pot but i need to mod the hub so they fit. one of the cb fella's from innerstate are selling the whole setup so save me the time of taking my hub off and bringing it to to someone to get it machined.

just waiting on money lol. i'll let u know if i still need them tho, hoping they're still for sale.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Geebus, nice work on the ol' CB Lancer. I don't have the expertise to do anything remotely close!

(probably the reason why I skipped putting a DOHC 3.0 V6 into the Magna and went straight to a Legnum :D )

G

Unregistered
Took some photos today. Wasn't the best day but I thought photos look alright for wet weather.

G

Unregistered
good work... i know exactly how much effort is required to strip a car to nothing, and its no easy job!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Oh wow that's awesome! And I'll agree with the whole 'Mini VR4' looking thing.. haha.. great work with this dude, definitely something wicked! Bet it'd scare a few people :p

G

Unregistered
sure does.. with torque steering going towards their lane but it surprises people even if I do lose always get a wave or thumbs ups

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Lol..... The front wheels have.... ah.... LOTS less tread than the rear haha

Its a pretty cool car. I should know, i've been in it :D

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
nice dude.. glad you managed to get it all sorted out..

any fitment issues?!!?

G

Unregistered
nah.. i bought another pair of hubs so i can mod them instead of taking mine off. then it's just a straight bolt on job, bleed brakes.

took all day tho cause you gotta basically unbolt everything.

G

Unregistered
Hey mate. Love the ride.

I did a similar conversion with a 1991 CB Lancer GL about two years ago, except with the JSpec Mirage Cyborg 1600 DOHC turbo 4G61T.
Got bored, so recently threw an Evo 3 set-up in, with a VR4 gearbox AWD locked up to FWD with locking spline.
Needless to say, it is a very fast animal now.
The wiring was a nightmare however, matching Evo 3 engine loom with CB Lancer (same as VR4) chassis loom. The MFI, ignition etc was a bitch.
I will get photos up soon.

In the meantime it can be seen on www.cardomain.com username "westharbourkiwi".

Feel free to call me anytime on 0416276653 - would love to see your ride.

G

Unregistered
talk about old thread LOL

ahhh yes.. i saw u the other day talking on the phone and im sure u saw me, I also have a red and black cb gsr lancer with white rims ;)

feel free to join http://www.gsrcyborgclub.com/ club forum for cb lancer and cyborg's :LOL:

G

Unregistered
what's with the copper behind you? haha

Yes, if u had a fuel injected loom it just a matter of changing a few plug to adaptor the loom. I guessing you went from the 1.5L carby?

this is my other one, only a 4g61na atm but planning to stick the vr4 in it later being deflected with the other one. After i finish buying fast bits for it lol

G

Unregistered
Na mate, the Cyborg and VR4 looms are the same as the n/a 1600 GSR - no probs there.
I swapped everything from the Cyborg into the GL .... right down to the central locking. The only original part left on the car from being a GL was the hood lining and hatch (no spoiler holes to patch).

The Cyborg motor ran sweet with no wiring issues.

The issues came with the Gen 2 Evo 3 motor. Had i stuck a Gen 1 VR4 4G63T in, it would've plugged straight up.
But going to the gen 2 4G63T is a whole different ball game. ECU pinouts are completely different, MFI and ignition .... nothin matched. Was a mission. EFI Performance in Yatala spent over 25 solid hours sussing it out while tearing their hair out.
All done now though :cool:

G

Unregistered
As for the coppa .... he's a wanker up in Redcliffe who is notorious for being a dick. Drove the car up there to show the guys at Japan Autos in Clontarf - who I bought the motor off - and this dick pings me for my pod filter .... reckoned my induction noise was too loud. Haha he was just gutted to see the intercooler at the front of such a light car.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
oo redcliffe aye :p supercop? or did you get the rude bald prick who calls anyone with a turbo car a hoon.

G

Unregistered
Yeah the rude balding prick "DAVIS" I think his name is. What a dick.

Top Bottom