3000gt bottom end fitment

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
Hay guys asking the engine gurus if a 3000gt bottom end can be used in the vr4 do our heads bolt up? There's a guy on Facebook up here selling a vr4 saying that they have a vr4 now as a 3L can anyone confirm this? It's on Townsville buy swap and sell. Don't know how to post link to it sorry. Thanks guys

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
6G72TT features in some 8G Galants on YouTube at least...

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
6G72TT features in some 8G Galants on YouTube at least...
Totally backwards to us hay. Apparently this 1 had only a block change

Whatsatransfercase

300atwkw is all I need in life
First Name
Levi
Drive
Pfl factory manual sunroof Legnum vr4, Legnum vr4 coty, Galant vr4 sunroof manual, automatic leggy hack
How do you mean only a block change? With larger bore youd need larger pistons, eg the bore in a 6a13 is 73mm as opposed to the 91mm bore on the 6g72, being said the stroke is also 13mm longer, so Im not entirely sure how this would work. Im not an expert by any means by the way I just did some research

Whatsatransfercase

300atwkw is all I need in life
First Name
Levi
Drive
Pfl factory manual sunroof Legnum vr4, Legnum vr4 coty, Galant vr4 sunroof manual, automatic leggy hack
Theres alot more to it that the initial "ow seig dog ram us a fat crankshaft in there and chop our rods down a bit shell be gem" theres deck height crank throw compression height and rod length to take into consideration, then teething issues such as your big ends tapping your oil pan that you gotta keep in mind, personally Id just do a motor swap and fabricate any custom parts needed. Would be much more practical, although chuck some forged rods and pistons in the 6a13 and theres not alot of weak points really want more torque upgrade intake ad exhaust pipes and turn the boost up with a tune boom more torque than a 6g, in my opinion at least

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
Well it turns out that the dude selling it was told all this by the person he bought it off that it was all done , but it is only a stock bottom end 2.5 so I got this all cleared up. Lmao

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
haha i saw that one for sale, yeah he was duped

there was another one for sale earlier in the year that claimed 3000gt block (in an auto legnum) which also turned out to be nonsense

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
If it was this easy we all would be doing that, not waiting on the 2.7 stroker kit to be finished and tested.

wintertidenz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
98 Galant VR4
It won't. You have different sized pistons, stroke, and so on - and the 6G crank would be longer as a result of this.

Top Bottom