6A13TT internals...

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
After reading about Val's conquer-all machine;), I was wondering how the internals of the 6A13TT compare to something like an the SR20DET or the RB26DETT or toyota 1JZ etc; as these engines can be run well above spec and I have read of all these engines with stock internals being able to push out between 300 & 450 rwkw.

Basically I looking for an excuse to not have to go for forged internals and get my 12s quarter.:)

I will accept all expert advise. Opinions and ranting is also fine!:D

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
rant rant rant rant rant........well at least that's my opinion.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Wasn't the engine internals upgraded from the V6 STR before the turbos were whacked on? I seem to remember reading this somewhere..

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
There is a guy in the states who has a 6A13 in a Eclipse and it said that with all internals standard and only turbo, fuel pump, injector mods etc. he was pushing 340 FWKW with no issues.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
AFAIK.. 6A13TT's got.. forged cranks.. thin connecting rods which will snap first before cracking your pistons if you're pushing out that much power out of your engine..

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I have a crazy idea!! How about we find out what's inside before giving a opinion???

I'm sure if you went looking on the UK site, you'll find an answer.

And yes Christian, Ralliart have done some work to the engines, but EXACTLY what that, is i can't say.

So Josh have a visit on the UK site big fella, that way you can educate us all here?

And yes, i iknow of many RB26's pushing out around 350rwkw on standard internals and 1JZ 400ish.. BUT and that's a very big but, it all depends on the tune.
I can kill a standard engine of any kind with a shit tune with less than 100kW, that's very easy. Coaxing big numbers out of it reliably is a very different story.

I might be have been able to answer this if HIPSI decides to get his ass into gear so i can take ownership of the front cut to allow me to pull the 6a13 apart!?!? ;)

G

Unregistered
Most failures i have heard of have been to do with detonation, causing the piston ringlands to crack. One rod through the block recently, probably due to nitrous/boost.

I dont think anyone has really pushed the engine that hard outside japan in the way valmes has/is, and he has already shown that with appropriate support mods it can take much more of a beating than some of the previous failures.. IE too much boost, not enough gas.

Same with Bradc and UC on CVR4, both have what i would call substantial increases in boost and power, with replacement ECU's and decent tuning, and both have been reliable for a fair while now..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Yeah that guy was running a stock ecu with nitrous and a big single, probably making 500hp or more. Also wouldn't have helped the fact that it is in an FTO and probably spends half of it's life bouncing off the rev limiter.The rods are very thin, and in my opinion they would be the first to bend and fall to pieces. The pistons appear to be fine unless you have severe detonation problems.

G

Unregistered
I have a crazy idea!! How about we find out what's inside before giving a opinion???

I'm sure if you went looking on the UK site, you'll find an answer.

And yes Christian, Ralliart have done some work to the engines, but EXACTLY what that, is i can't say.

So Josh have a visit on the UK site big fella, that way you can educate us all here?

And yes, i iknow of many RB26's pushing out around 350rwkw on standard internals and 1JZ 400ish.. BUT and that's a very big but, it all depends on the tune.
I can kill a standard engine of any kind with a shit tune with less than 100kW, that's very easy. Coaxing big numbers out of it reliably is a very different story.

I might be have been able to answer this if HIPSI decides to get his ass into gear so i can take ownership of the front cut to allow me to pull the 6a13 apart!?!? ;)

aww, but speculation is fun!

i know of an RB25 that basically turned the rear half of the engine into chunks of metal through a bad tune within only 300rwhp...

*looks at piston in 3 pieces*

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Sorry Josh, i just re-read what i wrote and it probably sounded like i was having a go at you....sort of was but in a nice way ;)
I was in Darwin a few days ago, was going to PM you but i didn't have time to catch up in the end unfortunately

Mitch, sweet dude, hope it doesn't happen to the wagon!

Brad, i'd love to be able to comment on the rods & pistons, I could compare them to RB25,26,30 and provide some comment.

Trav, really happy you saw that....getting the hint :)

G

Unregistered
Sorry Josh, i just re-read what i wrote and it probably sounded like i was having a go at you....sort of was but in a nice way ;)
I was in Darwin a few days ago, was going to PM you but i didn't have time to catch up in the end unfortunately

Mitch, sweet dude, hope it doesn't happen to the wagon!

Brad, i'd love to be able to comment on the rods & pistons, I could compare them to RB25,26,30 and provide some comment.

Trav, really happy you saw that....getting the hint :)

i just destroy gearbox's in the wagon! :p

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto

Doh!!:( That's cool bloke; I can understand! Hope you were able to experience some of the sensational weather. Perfect time of year to be up here.:D

Those pics are gold Brad!! Thanks so much. Have you still got the engine? Are you still thinking of building it up?

Top Bottom