70000km Service Requirements

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
G'Day All,

I was wondering if anyone could advise of service requirements for 70000km service?

For most cars i can find (usually in handbook!), the service requirements for vehicles at certain service intervals. But seeing as i don't read Japanese, i'm having trouble!

With a minor service there is the usuals such as oil + filter, injector clean, spark plug clean and re-gap etc.... What else is required?

I tried searching for this info on here but i couldn't find it :(

If someone could point me in the right direction or let me know this info that'd be great!

Dawso

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
There's nothing particularly exciting to do at the 70k mark. At 80k its recommended you do cam belt, water pump and other major serviceable components (which I consider to be every rubber part including belts, hoses, bushes and boots). Mitsi say 100k for those but doing them at 80k (especially for a car you haven't owned from new) is a good rule-of-thumb.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Cheers Trev, I'll start saving for my 80k service then :(

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
i got my timing belt done at APC, it was 700 inc. labour if i remember right. not that it helps you being in nsw :p my water pump also needed replacing, they sourced one for $160 while they had it all apart.

Zild

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
My girlfriend has a Mirage, it came with the all books etc.
I think it's the service book, it has listed "service intervals and requirements for all mitsubishi vehicles"
I can scan them all in and post them up, but i'd say they'd be similar to all makes and models, and most mechanics would know what is required anyway.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I'm pretty sure we have that exact info in the service manual available elsewhere on the forums.

my water pump also needed replacing, they sourced one for $160 while they had it all apart.
That's a fantastic price on the water pump - that's about what the genuine one costs from Mitsi Japan! Was it a genuine Mitsi part or aftermarket?

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
i got my timing belt done at APC, it was 700 inc. labour if i remember right. not that it helps you being in nsw :p my water pump also needed replacing, they sourced one for $160 while they had it all apart.

Got the breakdown invoice for that?

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
yup, i got all the info. spent quite a lot in parts actually :p

as for the water pump, they asked which id prefer, giving both prices, and they said there is basically no difference between the 'aftermarket' one and the mitsu one, or if there is the price difference would not justify the quality difference if any... something like that anyway.

Next meet if you want to see what parts i got, im happy to share :p the car was there a week, had quite alot of stuff done.. the labour portion seemed quite fair, and every part with its price and model number was also listed.

edit - i actually dont remember if it was genuine or not (the pump) but the invoice will say :p i just remember it was like 160 ;)

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Sweet as mate will see at the car wash if possible

Top Bottom