86_Elite aka Ben // WA ... Magna w/ 6A13TT

G

Unregistered
Hey All,

Finally got around to signing my lazy ass up on here.

There are a few WA members that probably know me through the dealings of a certain workshop.

Am here for a bit of info, help with parts and hoping that anyone in my area can help me :p

The car:

YES ITS NOT A LEGNUM! :O

but its atleast mitsubishi!

I have a 1996 TE magna slammed on K-Sport coilovers sitting around 6cm off the ground....

some pics
M4GN4TRON.jpg

M4GN4TRON3.jpg

Anyhow, blew engine, was "convinced" to get the 6A13TT engine into my car so here I stand! I have the engine along with other parts including a 6A12 LSD box from an FTO as well as a full Legnum ECU/Loom wired into my car and thats where I stand!

Anyhow, I'll do a full members ride thread but here I am saying hi!

My msn is ghetto_ghangsta AT hotmail DOT com (anti spam) if anyone wants to add me for a chat!

Plenty of pics of my ride on FB (BenJamin Vickridge)

latest pics before I blew my 3.0Lt engine and made way for the 6A

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Welcome mate..that is a sexy looking magna and you now have an engine to match the looks..good choice with the 6A..
so how does she drive?

G

Unregistered
This is the thing, the car is NO WHERE near from being finished, I need a few parts and all that first, and someone to double check my wiring loom as I am not running the AYC and stuff, so have had it all looped to trick the ECU and I dont get my gearbox till end of jan.... I have a mortgage so it doesnt allow me to splash out as much as I used 2. Thanks for the comments ^_^

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Welcome Benny and sweet looking ride!

The number plate is good for a laugh too!

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
welcome.

magnas hav such good VIP potenial. lookin forward to the ride thread

G

Unregistered
Welcome Benny and sweet looking ride!

The number plate is good for a laugh too!

hahaha thanks man yeah it sure gets some looks and laughs :p

welcome.

magnas hav such good VIP potenial. lookin forward to the ride thread

Thanks man, thats the style im going for but I still love my street boy racer :p

If anyone has K-Sports in the legnum-VR4 car / wagon, I do HIGHLY reccomend them, I paid around $1500 new and they still put a smile on my face every day. ^_^

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Welcome Benny, long time no see..
Glad all worked out with the workshop saga :)

Did you get the info you were after regarding mating up the FTO box to the 6a13tt ?

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
OMG dont tell me you had workshop saga's too......???????

Welcome to the club hope you still get some decent traction

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Will be epic....

Any reason you didn't want to go with a 6G72TT?

G

Unregistered
Welcome Benny, long time no see..
Glad all worked out with the workshop saga :)

Did you get the info you were after regarding mating up the FTO box to the 6a13tt ?

Hi Chris, I ended up putting a deposit down on an LSD box with clutch, flywheel and pressure plate for a tidy sum of only 1grand so Ill pick that up end of jan. Its the 6A12 box and it definately fits on the 6A13 engine, so I am happy about that. The magna box will not fit on the 6A due to the clutch configuration and a few other bits n pieces.

OMG dont tell me you had workshop saga's too......???????

Welcome to the club hope you still get some decent traction

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, got a spare 3 days and I'll give you a full run down?

It's not like fitting a 6A is easy either ;)

WELL you would think its hard, but really, compared to the magna the engine bay is pretty much identical. Shouldnt take too much to make it work, just extend the engine mounts off the back side, the left hand engine mount slides straight in easy as, and I am not 100% sure about the shafts, though I have both the magna shafts and 6A12 shafts to work out what will and wont work.

I have both of the 6A13 ECU's mounted as both are required as the TCU box runs the AYC which is part of the engine harness so rather than spend 10,00000 years splicing the wiring loom, the magna loom was removed and the complete 6A13 loom was put in. APPARENTLY my wiring is done, they looped the AYC and TCL? so that it thinks its working but really its not.

This is about all the info I can give you as I am still learning alot myself though by no means am I am an amature at building a mean ride, my previous car was also a magna with the 2.6 Astron engine running full race build engine and a lovely GT28-60R turbo @ 12psi. Controlled by haltech E6x ;)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Nice conversion choice Benny. Hope she works out. Wiring is always something i get someone else to do:LOL: I just hate doing it.

Hope the 6A has enough grunt to get the mighty Magna going!!

G

Unregistered
Nice conversion choice Benny. Hope she works out. Wiring is always something i get someone else to do:LOL: I just hate doing it.

Hope the 6A has enough grunt to get the mighty Magna going!!

Should have plenty of balls if it managed to push a heavy ass wagon around, im running povo pack magna with no fast glass or anything and will be running this in FWD.... so am thinking I will be tractionally challenged :D

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Should have plenty of balls if it managed to push a heavy ass wagon around, im running povo pack magna with no fast glass or anything and will be running this in FWD.... so am thinking I will be tractionally challenged :D
Hmm, i'd be interested to hear how you get on with torque steer seeing the addition to passenger side length should add to any drivers side pull.
What does a povo pack magna weigh in at anyway? Got 1483kg here for the v6 and it (6G72) is around the same weight as the 6A13 i thought

G

Unregistered
Yeah its something around that, I have no doof doof stereo or anything fancy, but that sounds about right, 1400kgs, though would like to get it down to 1200kgs...

Are you saying the legnum wagon is only 1400kgs as well? Ive only been in an auto legnum supa ralliart....and it felt a little slow but hoping the manual would fix this...

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
About 1550kg for an Auto Legnum, they don't feel very fast on standard boost settings

Top Bottom