86_Elite aka Ben // WA ... Magna w/ 6A13TT

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Manual Galant Type Vs are around the 1460kg range so not much difference.

The auto super legnum is probably the slowest in the range.

Yes, the manual box makes quite a difference to the feel and acceleration of the car.

Notwithstanding the weight saving, the manual box's shorter ratios makes it feel a lot quicker through the gears.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
An auto Super version is the heaviest version out of the lot, so anything else you get in will be lighter!

Having said that, they don't feel heavy when AYC is kicking in, & they're fast enough for me.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Welcome aboard Ben. Because most WA members are so lazy TomTom and I might join you on a Magna cruise sometime in the near future after I put my new clutch in.

And now here it comes...
Some Work Eurolines in decent offset would work well on your car ;)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
And now here it comes...
Some Work Eurolines in decent offset would work well on your car ;)

Beat me to it. Although I'd suggest ridiculously wide Weds Kranze LXZ with appropriately flared guards (and doors...).

Car looks good anyway. Should top off the Japanese conversion theme and throw Diamante badges on it.

G

Unregistered
hahah yeah hook me up with a set! haha I got FARRRKK all cash at the moment as Im trying to recover from my 13K incident..... so I gotta pay this gearbox off by end of jan then start slowly putting it together....

Cheers for all the compliments and yeah, I love JDM :p haha might just go for the diamante look. I got help from a few members yesterday and put 20% tint and complete black handles on my car now so she is looking pretty murdered out!

and as for the gaurds, well yeah, ive allready rolled them but as for flaring was hoping to modify a set of galant fenders and/or just flare the crap outta mine though dont really need to with my coilovers in the car already... :)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Get wheels that require you to flare the guards first. Then make the car fit the wheels.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Car looks great as it is mate, don't listen to the Hellascenti :p I must say, this is my favourite Magna shape, before Oliver Fuckface came along and ruined them.

Using an AWD one as a base would've been nice though :O

G

Unregistered
I don't need rims :p ahahah I need to get my conversion done first! then cosmetics later!! and as for using an AWD, yes but no.

The AWD magna although loosely based on the EVO 7 GTA auto shite has a complete different bell housing and mock up compared to the galants/vr4s (this has been discussed a million times @ aussie magna) so the problem we have is that no one to this date has done a manual conversion on an AWD as they are ALL 5 spd tippy which i do not like as good as it is, I still love having 3 pedals

Uhh this is for TOMTOM i believe, is this your evo X / vr-4 bar sitting on my car??

28062010069.jpg

I want one :(

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Such a big mistake making AWD magna automatic only, could of been a really successful car. Even if it was manual, you would be better off just strapping a turbo to the 3.5L V6 rather then 6A13 conversion?

G

Unregistered
ahh yeah but ive already done that with my previous car:

magna-3.jpg

1992 TR magna 2.6 turbo gt28-60r

I really wanted to try the 6A option and see how that went :S

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
+1 for turbo the 3.5L... 2.6L engine with a turbo vs 3.5L with a turbo ... big difference. i'd say more power from the 3.5L vs the 6a13tt too, there is no replacement for displacement.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
6g75 block?

throw on some modified 1st gen 6g72 DOHC heads?

turbo that frankenbeast?

yes. that will do nicely

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Uhh this is for TOMTOM i believe, is this your evo X / vr-4 bar sitting on my car??

Yes it is... it supposed to get fixed by the c*** on the right hand side, but he obviously had better things to do -.-

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Such a big mistake making AWD magna automatic only,

Even stupider, was not having a wagon version, their reason being it didn't fit. How does it fit a sedan & not a wagon?

I would have bought one if it were available, but it guided me to the Legnum instead so no harm done.

G

Unregistered
+1 for turbo the 3.5L... 2.6L engine with a turbo vs 3.5L with a turbo ... big difference. i'd say more power from the 3.5L vs the 6a13tt too, there is no replacement for displacement.

True, but there are already 2 if not more turbo magnas running the 3.5 and the 3.0 with single turbo setups. In all honest, the money it would cost me to build a strong bottom end and make it run with boost would be around 10,000 as the magna rods are about as strong as paper, hence why the sprintex kits run only 6 - 8 psi which isnt making huge power figures, just more evening out the torque band. I like to do things different, plus this has never been done, only in a wagon which no one knows if it exists any more. That plus the guys who running single turbo setups, one spent around 30G on the setup and is making like 533hp the other one is unsure and for anyone from the old AMC days would remember BOOYAs gold magna which made around the 500hp mark too....

The whole idea of this project is to use factory mitsubishi shit and make it work, im not after big HP, I just want to make this work.

6g75 block?

throw on some modified 1st gen 6g72 DOHC heads?

turbo that frankenbeast?

yes. that will do nicely

Ahhh unfortunately the blocks are different between the SOHC and DOHC heads, so would need a complete DOHC motor which has already been done, there is a 2nd gen magna with a 3.5 DOHC and a black wagon running the DOHC 3.0lt... once again, already been done! as well as a MIVEC magna too..... actually there are atleast 2 mivec magnas in WA alone

Yes it is... it supposed to get fixed by the c*** on the right hand side, but he obviously had better things to do -.-

yes well, my opinions are about on par with yours....

Even stupider, was not having a wagon version, their reason being it didn't fit. How does it fit a sedan & not a wagon?

I would have bought one if it were available, but it guided me to the Legnum instead so no harm done.

Ummm I cant comment on the wagon version of the AWD, but as for the manual it just doesnt work with the clutch setup, but there is currently a guy building an AWD 380... which should be interesting

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
The AWD magna although loosely based on the EVO 7 GTA auto shite has a complete different bell housing and mock up compared to the galants/vr4s (this has been discussed a million times @ aussie magna) so the problem we have is that no one to this date has done a manual conversion on an AWD as they are ALL 5 spd tippy which i do not like as good as it is, I still love having 3 pedals[/IMG]

Talking to an ex-mitsu mechanic who once worked on some of the Rally cards, I *think* the guys at/from Crockenberg Motors were aware of one or more manual AWD Magnas, all TL's though I believe.
From memory they used an adapter plate to mate up a manual box from a Lancer/EVO of some description.
Both use the Invecs II auto box in various models so how hard could it be to mate up the manual to suit. :-P

^^^ Could also be that the guy was horribly mistaken, and confused with the actual TL rally cars which I thought made use of the tippy box.

Top Bottom