86_Elite aka Ben // WA ... Magna w/ 6A13TT

G

Unregistered
Yes, I'm let to believe there are the AWD rally cars (magnas) that you can go for a spin in SA I think? a few AMC guys have been in them and AFAIK no one has made mention that they were manual.... :S

Its the clutch / bell housing though, according to Mal (AMC guru) along with some cooling? lines, the Evo stuff just doesnt want to fit ontop of the magna stuff, I suppose an adapter plate would be a start but would only be the tip of the iceberg....

G

Unregistered
I believe they are complete 30M motors, as mentioned above, AFAIK the DOHC blocks do not line up with the SOHC blocks due to the water chanels AFAIK :S

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
are i read somewhere that it was possible with modifiying the water channels, good ol internet info :/

but yeah, i reckon the 30M would be a monster motor if you good chuck in a 6g75 block and two turbos

G

Unregistered
Paul, if you could find that URL / internet info that would be great :) and yeahhh that would be a pretty angry setup!!!

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
http://rallydrive.com.au/ is the mob that do the TL AWD Magnas.. with tippy and it's an auto yeah.

There has been talk of a mystery manual TL AWD a few times but no real proof/story/photos behind it.

- Trent

G

Unregistered
woop woop, I have Anthony Miller coming to have a look at my car on saturday, yayyyy another small win!

G

Unregistered
Thanks to "Fully" for supplying a full 6A13 wiring diagram for the whole engine, car and wagon as well as all the accessory wiring + circut diagram, 600 pages of PURE GOLD!!

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
True, but there are already 2 if not more turbo magnas running the 3.5 and the 3.0 with single turbo setups. In all honest, the money it would cost me to build a strong bottom end and make it run with boost would be around 10,000 as the magna rods are about as strong as paper, hence why the sprintex kits run only 6 - 8 psi which isnt making huge power figures, just more evening out the torque band. I like to do things different, plus this has never been done, only in a wagon which no one knows if it exists any more. That plus the guys who running single turbo setups, one spent around 30G on the setup and is making like 533hp the other one is unsure and for anyone from the old AMC days would remember BOOYAs gold magna which made around the 500hp mark too....

The whole idea of this project is to use factory mitsubishi shit and make it work, im not after big HP, I just want to make this work.

Ahhh unfortunately the blocks are different between the SOHC and DOHC heads, so would need a complete DOHC motor which has already been done, there is a 2nd gen magna with a 3.5 DOHC and a black wagon running the DOHC 3.0lt... once again, already been done! as well as a MIVEC magna too..... actually there are atleast 2 mivec magnas in WA alone

yes well, my opinions are about on par with yours....

Ummm I cant comment on the wagon version of the AWD, but as for the manual it just doesnt work with the clutch setup, but there is currently a guy building an AWD 380... which should be interesting

Actually It's a blue KS verada touring wagon (which is just teh sex, shame it's such an utter shitbox as a whole car) and actually the DOHC and SOHC 24v heads all bolt up. So you can use the DOHC heads on a SOHC 24v block no worries at all

G

Unregistered
Tuffy, I swear that you said that it couldnt be done with the timing belt or something??

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Thanks to "Fully" for supplying a full 6A13 wiring diagram for the whole engine, car and wagon as well as all the accessory wiring + circut diagram, 600 pages of PURE GOLD!!

Link? Does it have the instrument cluster wiring in their also?

G

Unregistered
Someone in NZ has an Eterna coupe with a 30M motor and a pair of TD05's

Ok, so now after coming back from Kuala Lumpur, I went for a drive in a Proton Perdana....hehehe... why you ask? Ohhh cuz like the chassis is a VR4 and this guy is running an early Galant engine... 2.0lt V6.... with twin turbo :)..... and he bolted in a rear diff! :D :D all I can say is AWESOME, it was running 1.2 bar of boost!

Link? Does it have the instrument cluster wiring in their also?

Dude, I linked it in the workshop manual thread man... and it should... I didnt read it all.

UPDATE:

I have FTO LSD box on, HD clutch in, engine and gearbox are in... just finalising mounts and a few other parts are on order then once its done, its going in for wiring...

Give me another 2 - 3 months (flat out at work at the moment) and this car will be done :)

Interestingly enough, alot of the magna stuff is working with the VR4 stuff... such as cross member, gearbox mount, front and rear roll stop + the VR4 timing belt side mount lines up perfect, just needs a custom insert to mount it up a little better, and guess what, im going to use a magna one :)

T

towny36

Unregistered
I'm currently considering a manual conversion for my legnum just wondering which model fto box you went with? Did u have any trouble mating the box to the 6a13??

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
The FTO box would have been out of a GP Version R if it has an LSD. Won't work in a VR4, for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom