a couple of cars on carsales

kasperflipped

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
trent
Drive
1997 legnum
ahoy there chaps and chapettes,
before i go posting listings and asking opinions of a couple of cars on carsales i thought id just check if its ok to do so first, i read the rules and theres no mention but it could be an unwritten rule that i dont want to break
rock and/or roll
trent

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Well, have a definite list of what you're after Trent :)

I went down the Super VR-4 path since it had all the gear I wanted in a car (stop laughing). Recaro Seats, Momo steering wheel, funky interior, "carbon fibre" dash, factory body kit and in silver (after owning black cars for over 10 years). I had to forego the massive sunroof though!

Some wanted the leather/manual combo with sunroof (rare as rocking-horse poop), whereas others were happy with the lack of complexity (relatively) with the Series II Type-V (no AYC, for example).

Trevor (SiliconAngel) wrote up a very good guide on importing/buying frmo a dealer/private sale of a Legnum/Galant as well.

We've been going for over a year now (OZVR4) and we're still learning.

Cheers!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Gav you didn't answer his question...?

As far as I know there is no problem with posting a link to a carsales ad and asking for opinions...

kasperflipped

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
trent
Drive
1997 legnum
Rightio then here are 2 that caught my eye. Both have low Km's and a low price AND are in Melbourne so it makes it easy for me to go and have a look at.

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private/MITSUBISHI/LEGNUM/details.aspx?Cr=2&__No=20&__Ns=pCar_PrivateSpecialFlag_Int32|1||pCar_ImageCount_Int32|1||pCar_LastModifiedDate_DateTime|1&__Nne=20&State=All%20States&distance=25&silo=1003&seot=0&Model=LEGNUM&__N=4294964597%200%20834%20285%20257%204294957255%201216&__sid=11C48D04344C&state_id=0&Make=MITSUBISHI&R=5910655&trecs=33

This one has a leather interior although a tan colour, i like it more than the previous cars material interior.

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private/MITSUBISHI/LEGNUM/details.aspx?Cr=15&__No=0&__Ns=pCar_PrivateSpecialFlag_Int32|1||pCar_ImageCount_Int32|1||pCar_LastModifiedDate_DateTime|1&__Nne=20&State=All%20States&distance=25&silo=1003&seot=0&Model=LEGNUM&__N=4294964597%200%20834%20285%20257%204294957255%201216&__sid=11C48D04344C&state_id=0&Make=MITSUBISHI&R=5130459&trecs=33

So im pretty keen on either of these (if theyre still available i havent called about them or anything yet, but i call dibs hahaha) at the moment but fully intend to get a RACV or similar vehicle check before handing over my cash, but i thought id see what you guys think about each one from the listing and photos. This will be my first "new car" purchase as ive had the mini for 7 years and before that a 1984 laser my parents bought me so any advice of things to check when looking at the car would be greatly appreciated
thanks for your time and i look forward to have to say
rock and/or roll
trent

quincy777

Crunching Gears
First Name
Cam
Drive
Legnum VR4
Hi Trent,
My 2cents worth..
First doesn't make sence and sounds doggy as - What grampa has a sports exhaust?? one owner?? 60km?? I would want proff of all those things, just doesn't sound right. If he has proof great.. Do you want auto? others on here can prob tell you better, but if you do choose carefully I think. Torque converter seals often need doing and are expensive, and the series one auto is a little slow and is the weakest if you plan to mod.
The second one looks better, but prob as above. I cant say to much as I am selling a car on here atm, but trust that is unbiased advice.
Cam

G

Unregistered
the second one is a good car and its still available, just call his name is kamilo and he is my boss.lol
i have driven this car and its great, his wife drives it and there are no mods. pm me if you wanna come have a look i can organize it if you like.

kasperflipped

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
trent
Drive
1997 legnum
the second one is a good car and its still available, just call his name is kamilo and he is my boss.lol
i have driven this car and its great, his wife drives it and there are no mods. pm me if you wanna come have a look i can organize it if you like.

Really, thats awesome, tell him that im really interested but I'm going to hawaii in a few days but will be back in the first week on november. Ill organise to come have a look at it then if its still around

G

Unregistered
no probs mate, i told him today..
we had one guy come have a look and test drive then he said he didnt have any money. my boss was going to kill him for wasting our time.lol
i had spent 2hrs detailing the fu%ken thing.

G

Unregistered
Hey I looked at the second one with the leather last December. Was $18990 then with 18 inch mags. It is a nice car. Can confirm that the wife drove it. I actually bought a Holden VR wagon off him in 2000. Was very happy with the car. What a coincidence. The same bloke again.
Kamilo is a nice guy.
Cheers, Peter

Top Bottom