A couple of things

G

Unregistered
I have searched for answers for all these on the forum, but havent come up with anything much.

Firstly, the owners handbook I got with the car is in Japanese and I was hoping to download an english version (and maybe locate a workshop manual as well). This appears harder than I thought it would be. All the links to docco on the forum seem to be broken and everything I have been able to find has an associated cost. I spent about an hour searching (on and off forum) without luck. Is there a magical place where I can find these things.

Second question: At the moment to start the car sometimes, I need to put it in neutral. Im guessing this is likely to be the fact that the cable that controls when the car is in park needs adjusting. Is this likely to be the case - trying to save prying apart the dash if I dont need to.

AYC: Without a manual, I have been trying to work out how this operates. When I turn the key on, I get the 3 bars on the dash light up, but never while im driving. Is this normal. I cant see that I need to turn anything on.

Lastly, at about 100km, im getting a rattle. Seems to be based on speed of car or wind speed and sounds like it is coming from around the top front corner of the drivers side door area. Does this ring any bells for anyone.

Sorry for the length of post and thanks for taking the time to read

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
1. JPNZ was hired to translate the workshop manual and bodged up the job quite badly. Nobody was satisfied with the result. I don't know of any other English translation. They also have a translated owners manual which might be a better job but it's not a workshop manual so people aren't as keen on getting it. I don't know of anything available for either one that's free of charge.

2. no idea

3. Go around corners faster and see if you get any bars lighting up. It shouldn't make a noise though, if it does then you should get it serviced.

4. Have you got the side window rainguards? Maybe one of them is loose?

G

Unregistered
Quickly wiggle the steering wheel from side to side while driving and the AYC bars should light up. No need to veer all over the road, just wiggle it a few mm left & right.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Quickly wiggle the steering wheel from side to side while driving and the AYC bars should light up. No need to veer all over the road, just wiggle it a few mm left & right.

I never knew that. What's the AYC doing there - telling you to quit mucking around and drive straight? lol

G

Unregistered
I don't know of anything available for either one that's free of charge.

Found a few torrents on the web that referenced it, but all the sites they attached to (like usenet) required member logins. Just thought someone might have it lying around somewhere.

Go around corners faster and see if you get any bars lighting up. It shouldn't make a noise though, if it does then you should get it serviced.

I thought I was doing that yesterday. The handling is quite deceptive really. Not like the FTO im used to driving at all. With the FTO, it feels nimble. You push it around a corner and it feels light. The Legnum seems to be a different beast. To me it feels heavy from the start. The deceptive bit is that no matter how hard I hit the corner, it just kept going around (and very little body roll). Bought quite a smile to my face actually. Didnt see a single bar light up though. Having said that, I was watching the road not the dash.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
i can vouch for the whole jerking it left and right.
try going about 40-50kmph and jerk it left and right and you should get atleast 1 bar. i do in my car

G

Unregistered
Are you after the owners manual or the workshop manual?

I never knew that. What's the AYC doing there - telling you to quit mucking around and drive straight? lol

Probably preparing itself for some serious shit (y)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
Having said that, I was watching the road not the dash.

Good one :)

I find that it's easier to see the bars on a right-hand corner. The steering wheel spokes usually obscure them when turning left. On a right hander you can usually see them out of the corner of your eye even if you're looking at the road.

G

Unregistered
Are you after the owners manual or the workshop manual?

Either/Both. Owners manual would be a good start as that will answer all the dumb questions I have.

I believe from there is a workshop manual floating around for the non turbo that still has many bits in common. There is a link on the forum to this that doesnt work anymore. AS I mentioned above, there are also a few torrents about that suggest that one exists.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Dwayne.

PM with your email address and I'll send you a copy of a service / workshop schedule that I prepared.

G

Unregistered
Ok, just had my first shot at a PM. Think I got it right. Let me know if it hasnt gone through and ill have another go.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
I have the Jap version of the workshop and what I do is to get it translated using Google. It helps but not quite to the extensive part when you needed most

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I have an english "Owners Manual" at home still if you want it..

One of my mates managed to download a torrent of some work shop thing, but for some reason it opened once and that was it!

G

Unregistered
Yup,

Keen on the owners manual. Price please......

G

Unregistered
OK, sorted the rattle. Needed a wheel banance badly. When I got the balance done, the rattle has gone. Still dont know what the rattle was though. So if anyone is getting a a really loud rattle at different speeds, could be something as simple as a wheel balance.

Top Bottom