Wakefield in the next couple of months anyone?

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I'm kind of hanging to tear some more rubber off my wheels.

Any plans for another one soon? Is it hard to book Kitty?

I can probably get my dad (in a merc A-class lol) and my GF's dad in his mx5 down pretty easy + my Gti mate had some friends who were keen...

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Its too far for me to go unfortunately..... Would love to have a run around Wakefield too :(

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I might have some people interested, and now that the Trueno is running good again would be fun =]

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Hugh,

Details HERE

Just go through the calendar and pick an "off the street Cars only" date, from personal experience, Tuesdays are the quietest, Also I think AZA013 is planning something at wakefield in the near future. >>> Post 16

Its too cost prohibitive to do Private track days, unless you have deep pockets, from memory when we do private trackdays with JDCA it cost a little bit over $7,000 for the whole shabang!!!!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I'd love to give it a bash

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Thanks Kitty,

Looks like every other tuesday there is a speed off the streets day we could go out too.

Was that what we went to last time? We had the whole track to ourselves... only 5 of us the whole day!

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Yeah I'd be up for a Tuesday session :)

I need new tyres anyway lol

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Yes, Hugh that was a tuesday, though I have been there on a Tuesday where there was only 3 cars all day, but even with 5 cars we all got tracktime where we were the only car on the track, was a good day.....

When there is more than 10 cars, they tend to become a little more rigid, and run the day with sessions, rather than go out as you want !!

The best Tuesday's are where there is an "speed off the street" trackdays on the previous Friday and on the Monday, it does away with the weekend warrior's who take long weekends, if there hasn't been one for a few weeks then you can expect a big turn out on the tuesday!!!

Picking the right tuesday, is the trick !! (y)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Would love to do it, I have no idea if I'd be able to though.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Out of curiosity would anyone be keen to go on the Tuesday 9/3 or is it too close to get organised??

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
The best Tuesday's are where there is an "speed off the street" trackdays on the previous Friday and/or on the Monday, it does away with the weekend warrior's who take long weekends, if there hasn't been one for a week then you can expect a bigger turn out on the tuesday!!!

Dave I'd say the 23rd of March would be the pick of the dates in March, looking at the calendar !!

They won't really put up all the available dates for "Speed Off the Street" days in April till towards the end of the first week of March.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
So what kind of money would you expect to be looking at for this? Plus there is the fire extinguisher, helmet, any other things?

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Tom,

Here,

$50 for "Australian Autosport Alliance Licence" (last 12 months)
$110 for the "Track fee's"
$20 for "Hire Helmet" + ($50 deposit)
You will need longsleve shirt and pants.

Fire extinguisher is not neccessary

Also expect to use a full tank of Fuel "at the track" or close to it

FUEL.....

for those who only use BP Ulimate, there is no BP servo in Goulburn, but there is a large BP Servo on Hume Highway @ Marulan which is 27k's before goulburn.

for those who use Mobil Synergy 8000, there is a Mobil servo at the corner of Reynolds and Lagoon Streets (take first Goulburn exit off Highway, Servo is at the first set of traffic lights you come to, its on the left)

for those that use Caltex 98 Vortex, there is a Caltex Starmart at the corner of Bourke & Goldsmith Streets, take first Goulburn exit off Highway, then turn right at the second set of traffic lights you come to, Caltex is 150metres up Goldsmith Street on the left)

for those that use Shell V-Power, there is a Shell Servo at the corner of Hume Street & Clinton Streets, take the first Goulburn exit off Highway, then turn right at the 5th set of lights, go thru the round about on Clinton street and its 250metre up on the left hand side.

or there is $3.10/litre race fuel available at the track (104-Octane).

track.gif

track_arial.jpg

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Thanks Kitty :) +rep

aza013

Crunching Gears
First Name
Aza
Drive
FTO GP VR
Hi all :D
we have started looking into a track day on the thursday the 25th.
So we have two dates to pick from, so it comes down to what date is best for every one?

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Best to do a Poll with both options selectable.. So people can choose both or one :)

MackTheKnife

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Mc
Drive
'90 MX5 and '01 LR Freelander V6 Softback
I'll be keen later in the year, my Legnum (facelift Manual) is on a ship off the NSW coast so will have it soon.

I have a mate with an Exige and another mate who's looking at a GT3 who would be interested too if you don't mind a bit of variety on the grid.

Top Bottom