Couple of Qs

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Hey WA crew, ive got a couple of questions about Perth i wouldnt mind a bit of help with.

1-How long does it realistically take to drive from Midvale (sort of area) to Fremantle in peak hour? Google suggests 55 mins, id hope a bit less time?

2-Whats the Koongamia/Helena valley/Darlington/Glen Forrest area view like - full of ferals, full of wankers, nice, expensive?

3-How hard is it to get a modified car from interstate rego'd in WA i.e. the inspection process etc?

4-How far is the nearest enjoyable driving road, such as hills, twisty etc from perth CBD?

Im sure i could research some of these but thought id ask a few friendly locals :)

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
1-How long does it realistically take to drive from Midvale (sort of area) to Fremantle in peak hour? Google suggests 55 mins, id hope a bit less time?

I asked TomTom@iPhone this question, I have found it to be very accurate.. leaving at 7AM it claims 44 minutes. However for that commute, it would likely be far more economical to get the train. You have Midland station right near you and a train station in Fremantle as well. 1 hour trip exactly on the train -- up to a max of 1h30m if you go in the middle of the day when train/connections are less frequent.

2-Whats the Koongamia/Helena valley/Darlington/Glen Forrest area view like - full of ferals, full of wankers, nice, expensive?

Can't really tell you much other than that it's wayyyy outt in the middle of nowhere. Move in closer? :) What's motivation for that area?

3-How hard is it to get a modified car from interstate rego'd in WA i.e. the inspection process etc?

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/LBU_F_VL_MR20_LicenceInterstateVehicle.pdf

You should in theory be able to license it without an inspection but I make no promises. Obviously you'd accidentally ignore that note about modifications.

4-How far is the nearest enjoyable driving road, such as hills, twisty etc from perth CBD?

Main known area is around "Mundaring Weir Road" and that general area.... which isn't too far out, for less "attention"... pays to go a good hour+ in other directions towards two rocks and such.

guanacosalsa

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Julio
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 - Type S
I live in Midland, which is close by to Midvale, and work in Myaree, which is close to the Freo area, and it takes me in peak hour traffic about 1hr and 20min at the moment due to the road works going on. Hopefully that will all pass in the next six months or so, but driving at the speed limit with no traffic you take highways most of the way.

This is the hills area directly linked to Midland, but as Trent said it is out of the way pretty much, nice driving roads and scenery tho!

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful

Just asking these questions 'for a friend' at this stage....

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
My cousins live in helena valley. Its a nice area if you can find some of the more semi rural blocks of land. For example, they have a massive block thats directly on a creek and have horses etc. Im not so sure about just the general housing blocks though.

Just about my favourite road zig zag scenic drive goes straight in to helena valley (im sure youll find photos in one of the wa cruise threads its quite a common road for us). But otherwise some really quiet roads such as obrien rd are just around the corner and are well known for awesome driving roads. Gidgeganup is maybe 20 to 25 mins from the midland helena valley region and peter brock died just out the back of there so the roads are definitely challenging.

As per the license Im pretty sure if the car is still licensed interstate it can be transferred over without an inspection. My swift gti's license had expired for a while from nsw and had to go over the inspection pits. Theyre known to be pretty anal over here

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
cheers Dan, sounds like the perfect place to be located...

Top Bottom