1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Ok I have finally completed Auto Transmission ECU Pinout
VR4A-TECUPinOutsample-1.jpg

This is a sample as its to large to format to JPG and use here.
I have attached the complete Pinout in PDF format below.

I need to acknowledge & thank Nat for helping with the translations, Peter Thomson for the awesome macro photo's and Kieran for the Japanese Manual PDF's.

A couple of things to note; firstly while every care has been taken translating from Japanese Manuals to english, I don't accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions. Until I have completed pinouts for the FL-Series 2 A/T ECU I'm a little concerned about 2 pins on the Auto Transmission ECU Pinout, being Pin19 & Pin51 which according to the Japanese Manuals are not connected, but clearly in the photos they are connected to wires....

I think that this style of format makes it more idiot proof, and am considering re-doing the Engine ECU in the same format using photos may also include extra info such as expected voltage ranges, I think using this format makes it easy to identify correct wires when working in the workshop...

Any comments / criticism's welcomed, so if you want me to change formats, let me know....

Attachments

• VR4 A-T ECU Pin Out.pdf
    230.9 KB · Views: 348

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
You legend!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna have to use my mod status to give a big fat rep point for you! (y)(y)(y)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Fantastic work Kat, have some well deserved rep!

Speaking of voltages, I've discovered that the resistance of the brake circuit directly affects ABS operation, so if you blow globes or swap them with LEDs your ABS may decide to stop working. I'd be interested to know exactly what resistance is required so I can adjust with an inline resister. Dunno if your research will uncover this but I thought I'd mention it just in case :)

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
I'll put that on the To-Do list, Trevor... I'll see what I can find & get back to you shortly...

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Trevor, I've had a look and its complex, varying ohm values left to right and front to rear, I'll run it past Nat tonight and ask him to decipher/translate the schematics to identify exactly what relates to the loads on the lighting circuits.

In the mean time I'll start the ABS and ASC ECU Pinout formatting sheets and make that next on my list, hopefully I'll have these done by the end of the week.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Maybe we should "arrange" for Kat's ankles to get busted at regular intervals - look at all the cool stuff that gets done!!!

:D

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
EVIL, just evil Lee (wheres the Neutral button in the Reps when you need it)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Nahh, just give him some negative, it's all good :D

Now you just need to work on the pinouts for the ayc, asc, abs ecu's.

Ohh and download the full roms from all 3 types of ecu's and list the differences in the map :D

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
I'm working on it brad darling, give a gurl a break, I only have 1 set of hands, have started on abs & acs ECU formats.

Bit rough to give him negative reps, just wanted to tell Lee he's a loveable arsehole privately..... (y) without having to send him a PM... yea yea lazy I know......

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Fantastic work Kat, have some well deserved rep!

Speaking of voltages, I've discovered that the resistance of the brake circuit directly affects ABS operation, so if you blow globes or swap them with LEDs your ABS may decide to stop working. I'd be interested to know exactly what resistance is required so I can adjust with an inline resister. Dunno if your research will uncover this but I thought I'd mention it just in case :)

don't mean to go OT.. but I think you've just solved my dilemma with the LED bulbs.. coz when I put them on.. my AYC and ABS just seemed to not work.. the red AYC and abs light came on..

so that's what made me decide to take them off... and replace it with normal bulbs..

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
LOL @ Brad, A/T ECU reflash with part of the control equation being in pins15,21&71......:p;):p

maybe just a side shift into tiptronic is a better option..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
don't mean to go OT.. but I think you've just solved my dilemma with the LED bulbs.. coz when I put them on.. my AYC and ABS just seemed to not work.. the red AYC and abs light came on..

so that's what made me decide to take them off... and replace it with normal bulbs..
Yea I knew I'd read something about this elsewhere, it was niggling in the back of my mind as soon as it started happening, but I've read literally tens of thousands of posts on this forum and CVR4, so sometimes its difficult to remember specifics... Thanks for posting that though Chris :)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
So can the auto box be re-programmed to redline in tiptronic mode ?

The car will still shift up or down on its own if it deems necessary.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Brad - not easily....however I have found with a members car here in Auckland (mainly when I'm driving it hehe) that if you leave it in Auto mode it will bounce of the limiter briefly in 1st almost all the time and in 2nd about 30% of the time. In fact I have EVOscan logs of it at 7369rpm!

Up the boost and the car will change later on in the rev range, I think because the ecu and tcu can't process the fact that the car is accelerating that quickly.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Yeah I had the same problem on mine ^^^

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
On another note, I am trying to find an Auto trans ECU to match up with this engine ecu:

Case number: MD362895, Board number JE331B1540, Chip number MH7202F

Anyone know what I should be asking for?

Top Bottom