ABS and ASC ECU

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 and a very old cordia turbo
In the quest to diagnose my ASC problem I have been advised to try and swap in a different ABS and ASC ECU. Apparently a 10 minute job. To try and see if the problem is a faulty ECU.

The problem is finding a spare ABS and ASC ECU.

I am in Wynnum in Brisbane. Anybody know where I could get a hold of these items (short of buying new ones) for a day or so?

Alternatively would anybody be willing to swap for a short period of time. I can give a guarantee that if I blow yours up (which apparently should not happen) I'll buy you a new one.

Oh and does anybody know where these are located on a 1997 Galant vr4?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
mind if i ask what made you think replacing abs and asc ecu will lead to faulty ecu?!

also i assume your car's tiptronic..

have you tried using a datalogger to find out what the error codes are?! and if you've pulled them out!?

cause from what i remember there's only 1 spare abs ecu available as a spare but not sure about ASC..

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
>>
mind if i ask what made you think replacing abs and asc ecu will lead to faulty ecu?!
>>

I don't understand what you are saying. The ECUs may be faulty. Neil Lowe suggested swapping the ECUs for another pair to see if that fixed the problem. It is a fault finding exercise

>>
also i assume your car's tiptronic..
>>

yes

>>
have you tried using a datalogger to find out what the error codes are?! and if you've pulled them out!?
>>

I have evoscan but it doesn't seem to work very well with ABS datalogging. It is not logging at all and the error codes it provides are just wacky.

On the flashing dash lights there are no errors.

I have posted the problem with evoscan in this thread

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461&page=10

The problem is I think with the ASC which evoscan cannot log at all at this stage.

>>
cause from what i remember there's only 1 spare abs ecu available as a spare but not sure about ASC..
>>

I don't understand what you are saying. What do you mean there is only one spare ABS ECU? Spare from where? I don;t want to buy a new one unless I have too.

Swapping with another Galant is an option Lowe suggested.

basically trying to find out if the ECUs are faulty.

Evoscan seems to have problems with logging the ABS ECU and I cannot trust what it is telling me yet. I have tried asking the programme designer (support ticket raised) but I haven;t received a response for about 4 days from him.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
i meant, there's someone here in ozvr4 that's got a spare ABS ecu.. but i dont think he's got ASC pm JustPlainNuts dunno when he'll reply as far as i know he's busy..

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
Thanks for that

Do you know anything about evoscan and ABS logging?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
errr.. i've got evoscan but haven't really played with it as much..

also LeeButts the evoscane addict here.. and i believe evoscan can log ABS and AYC..

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
It doesn't seem to be logging ABS properly for me.

I have posted in the datalogging thread. Hopefully some one will have an answer.

Top Bottom