Adding Launch Control to VR-4

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
4.5k does bog imo, i think 5.5k is the best option. And i thought rhys' legendary time was 5.5k launch lol.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
it was in the post before the vid. somewhere between 4.5-5k. im still waiting for the clutch guy to get back to me...

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
don't the B rev limiters stuff up the turbos but they do sound sick on skylines and have seen flames coming out the the exhausts

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
don't the B rev limiters stuff up the turbos but they do sound sick on skylines and have seen flames coming out the the exhausts

I think Shamren (shambam) has one in her Galant? Hasn't reported any problems as far as I'm aware?

merlin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
Evolution IX
I believe there is a stationary rev limiter in the code, but its set higher than the normal rev limit.
Not had a chance to prove this yet.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Hi Dave, I found two possible limits in an xml on geekmapped (could be yours actually, can't remember) at address 10341 and 10343, opening the hex file they look like they could be correct as they are both slightly higher than the main rev limiter but then they could even be a higher number for higher gears (my old turbo astra had a higher limit in the 3rd onwards) so who knows.

Are these the addresses you are looking at? Also do you know where the code would be to switch limiters, I haven't found that

Anyway, I get my car back tomorrow but I probably won't get a chance to play (read test ecu parameters) with it till next week, so I will change them to low values and see when they take effect.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
The numbers are what I hope are the addresses for the stationary rev limiter within the ecu (except that there is two, so who knows)

Riley

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Riley
Drive
96 Legnum vr4
I think Shamren (shambam) has one in her Galant? Hasn't reported any problems as far as I'm aware?

she does.....from what she was saying i got the impression that the car doesnt like it too much but ill let her comment on that

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
the Bee-R in shamrens car causes CEL as the bee-r inrupts the ignition signals, so the stock ECU must hav a heartattack and think its misfiring.

G

Unregistered
so would installing one of these and getting the ecu re-tuned, solve that issue?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
i think thats something merlin or kat can answer

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
yeah i would also like to know experiences with BeeR's on vr4's. as im planning on getting one, as i can never hear the car over reving with the stock exhaust.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
lol i know. but ive had no cop attention for the last 1.5 years driving the car every day. i think the stock exhaust has had a lot to do with that.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Yeah but nah.

Mine isn't stock, but it is quiet at idle, and only barks when giving it some stink.

"high flow" cat, two resi's, oval rear muffler.

Almost the same system as the new car too.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
well when i get my exhaust sorted, do u recommend a bee r limiter?

mind u im not gona be trashing it or hitting limiter often, maybe the occasional hills run or when i forget its in tip tronic mode lol.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
steve is yours auto?

my world is crashing down around me :(

bee-r rev limiters dont like exhaust wheels or cats...so i wouldnt be doin it often, but f that, it sounds cool so do it!

Top Bottom