Adding Launch Control to VR-4

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
well when i get my exhaust sorted, do u recommend a bee r limiter?

mind u im not gona be trashing it or hitting limiter often, maybe the occasional hills run or when i forget its in tip tronic mode lol.

I wouldn't, purely on the basis that when I was running one on the RB25, it would 8 times out of 10 foul the plugs as teh unburnt fuel passes through the cylinder.

Now, I know right now if it fouled plugs on a 6A13, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be pulling them out as much as I did on the 25...

That said, if you get the right heat range plugs, you shouldn't have any issues.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Hi Dave, I found two possible limits in an xml on geekmapped (could be yours actually, can't remember) at address 10341 and 10343, opening the hex file they look like they could be correct as they are both slightly higher than the main rev limiter but then they could even be a higher number for higher gears (my old turbo astra had a higher limit in the 3rd onwards) so who knows.

Are these the addresses you are looking at? Also do you know where the code would be to switch limiters, I haven't found that

Anyway, I get my car back tomorrow but I probably won't get a chance to play (read test ecu parameters) with it till next week, so I will change them to low values and see when they take effect.

Well I got my car back and neither of those address work for stationary or in 1st to 4th gears. The main RPM limiter works whether the car is stationary, in neutral or in gear and in any gear from 1st to 4th. I have no idea what those other addresses are for, maybe they only work for auto's or if something else is enabled.... If anyone else knows any more????

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
The rev limiter works in 5th too :)

Haha! I meant the one we know as the moving limiter works in those gears, seems like there is only one limiter which buggers up David's plans for launch control unless there is another parameter that activates the other 2 limits somewhere....

Quite dissapointing really....

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Yes its in my car and yes it works!

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Just got 3d mapping of NLTS working today. For testing I set the TPS value required to 10% and found out that it is surprising how much my foot rests just on the clutch when coming out of intersections and roundabouts :p RPM limit of 1500 is not cool in 1st.

Don't have the map setup for RPM drop at present, it was just holding steady when changing gear. Pretty fun though, window down doing about 40kph and having NLTS activating the rev limiter when changing gear. pop pop pop. lol

Did a couple of good pulls but hit the load limiter as the ECU image doesn't have the load limit setup for my car. Did manage to test the CEL on knocsum too, the CEL lit up very briefly when doing a pull in 4th gear from low RPM.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Can you set how many counts of knock the cel comes on at? Say only display the light at 3 counts or more?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Awesome! Ill have that and nlts then :)

Top Bottom