Aftermarket timing belt part number

G

Unregistered
Hey guys have heard a company called gates make a timing belt that fits our cars. does anyone by any chance know the part number for it?

cheers

G

Unregistered
Hey guys have heard a company called gates make a timing belt that fits our cars. does anyone by any chance know the part number for it?

cheers

Yes its -

Gates T1028 (234 teeth x 34 wide)

Make sure you get it from a Repco store as they get the highest level of discount from Gates if they charge you more then $185 your paying too much.

Also Im trying to source these and another brand for way less, refer to my 100,000km thread for future updates.

Imagine a world where you can buy quality OEM equivalent Japanese made Timing Belts for literally half the price of the Mitsubishi article!

Peace out yo!

G

Unregistered
cheers mate i should be able to get them for trade from either bursons or repco so should be able to get it for less than that hopefully

G

Unregistered
Make sure you post up where you bought it from and how much you paid for it, I can update my chart with this info.

Cheers

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I believe Carsten's sourced some aftermarket belts somewhere, I think there's even details in the Part Numbers Guide but too busy to check atm.

G

Unregistered
had a look there were only power steering and alternator belts nothing about timing belts.

will let you know when i get a price

G

Unregistered
whats wrong with the OEM timing belt?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Now I'm at home I can confirm that the timing belt from Mitsubishi Japan is ~$115. So unless you can get them cheaper than about $125, maybe $130 allowing for freight, you're better off going straight to Japan.

G

Unregistered
I would quess probaply price.

Of course its the damn price!!

Not too many people want to stuff around and buy from overseas. But paying $242.00 for it from Mitsubishi in Australia is utter bullsh**

Trevor, how do people order from Mitsubishi Japan like you mention above to get that price?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Altaaf, you need to talk to a parts importer. All the contacts you will need are mentioned in various places throughout the forums.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
yah, i'd like to know too.. what's wrong with the oem part?

Nothing, but the Gates product is a lot stronger and durable and also cope shot loads better with highly increased power outputs.

We really do pay a lot for Leggy stuff here, the Nissan RB series engine get a gate belt for $95:(

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Nothing, but the Gates product is a lot stronger and durable and also cope shot loads better with highly increased power outputs.

We really do pay a lot for Leggy stuff here, the Nissan RB series engine get a gate belt for $95:(

Simon, I assume alot of RB engine users been using this brand for quite some time..

are these relatively similar in quality with greddy and other brands apart from OEM ones?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Yes, Dirt Garage runs one on his 8 second GTR, would be hundreds if not thousands used in Australia now

I believe they are a better quality and composition- my weapon of choice!

G

Unregistered
I may be able to get a better belt but I will need to know the measurements and so on. I know a few ppl that can help with getting an American made belt and a few steel belted types as well so maybe this will be something to look into.

G

Unregistered
I may be able to get a better belt but I will need to know the measurements and so on. I know a few ppl that can help with getting an American made belt and a few steel belted types as well so maybe this will be something to look into.

Measurements are 234 teeth x 34mm wide

GeoVR4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
David
Drive
Galant VR4
hi there, timing belt for galant VR4 1999 year, 234X34 ? or 257 teeth? please send me your answer

Top Bottom