Alarm recommendations

kasperflipped

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
trent
Drive
1997 legnum
Very informative reading in this thread thanks chaps. Im thinking of getting the mongoose M80G. Can anyone recommend a good installer in melbourne? I heard doug from Eastside Installs, ill give him a call, but im always open to more suggestions.
thanks in advance
trent

Chris Rogers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris Rogers
Drive
wagon
if you are looking at doing htis in the next few weeks - I'll do the car. I'm down there doing a few others anyway. fire a me a PM if you are interested.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
haha only just saw this, sorry mate. Yeah I've got the manual somewhere, I'll need to track it down.

That sounds good. Somehow I missed that on the Mongoose site...

Hipsi - Do you have a manual for the MPT3 (I assume that is what you have) so I can check out the install process.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Well if they are any good, I was thinking about getting the M80G and the GPS module. Are there any big faults with the system? Do they have good options? Do they have one of those really anoying sirens like those toy guns that sort of stuff.

I want to make an informed decision about the system I buy.

Thanks in advance.

sart0ri

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
2000 VR-4 Galant
I had an M80(something) on my 200SX, it got stolen. I have a Quicktrack on my Galant. So far so good.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I've got a MAP80g, but I'm too lazy to install it myself :D

Once I get the car back from compliance, I'll have it put in and let you all know what its like.

Chris Rogers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris Rogers
Drive
wagon
you are in QLD (brissy?) correct?
OVR4had his done by me - I'll let him talk.
M80 isnt a bad alarm most importat thing is teh fitting of it. thats where I come in to play.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I had an M80(something) on my 200SX, it got stolen.

Hmmm... that could also depend on how well it was installed though.

you are in QLD (brissy?) correct?
OVR4had his done by me - I'll let him talk.
M80 isnt a bad alarm most importat thing is teh fitting of it. thats where I come in to play.

Yeah, Im in QLD in Oakey, west of Toowoomba, I use to work as an auto elec and we fitting 'Flashpoint' alarms, I have one on my corolla and its pretty good (I think as my corolla hasn't been stolen yet but thats not saying too much;)), but I want something better for the legnum.

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
1998 Mitsubish Legnum VR4 - Type S FL
Hey Guys,

I've just bought a legnum and i want to keep it secure, so i am in the market for a car alarm, I want all the necessary features as most people do and i want it to be Australian Standards Approved. I've pretty much narrowed my choices to a Mongoose car alarm, but before I buy the alarm does anyone know how the programmable features work, it says it has 11 programmable features such as GPS tracking and etc. but how do they work?

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Just a silly question here. My legnum was bought off 2nd owner in oz and came with one key only and I'd love some keyless entry action.... Is there any way I could get the oem remote?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Just a silly question here. My legnum was bought off 2nd owner in oz and came with one key only and I'd love some keyless entry action.... Is there any way I could get the oem remote?

email streeter.. he's your friend.. i think its about $150 posted for the Pfl key

Top Bottom