Allstar Garage

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Anyone got any feedback they can share on these guys...
Can never be to sure before making a long trek from SOR << >> NOR (or vice versa!)

1. Do they have an AWD dyno?
2. Reasonably priced?
3. Good workmanship?
4. Reliable?
5. Anything else relevant?

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
1. yes
2. $990 for ECU Flash as I was the first VR4 and supplied maps etc, I got it for $500 incl. EBC fine tuning - haha
3. yes
4. haven't done any mechanical works done through them yet
5. very experienced with Evos

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Im gonna try them and see if they can fix my AYC, might get a flash done too see how much it'll cost in total

bj82

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brad
Drive
99 SII Legnum VR4
let me know how you go tim cause i want to go down the same path.

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Ok but its weeks away as i need to do a major service looking at alot of cash being spent here doing this, rates came in OMG it never ends, but itll happen just dont know when, i might just stop in a have a chat one day as they only 10-15 minutes away.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Couldn't run my car up on their dyno (they also couldn't run up JPC's R35 GTR). They said it was something to do with me AYC. I asked to book in a time and after repeated emails - nothing.

To Tokyo Motorsports! :D

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Couldn't run my car up on their dyno (they also couldn't run up JPC's R35 GTR). They said it was something to do with me AYC. I asked to book in a time and after repeated emails - nothing.

To Tokyo Motorsports! :D

Hmm I've got AYC, Evo's run fine on there so did mine... very strange!

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
Thanks for the feedback so far, my usual SOR workshop will do most of the work but they don't have a dyno for tuning hence the query about Allstar as I heard they do go things with Evos.

bj82

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brad
Drive
99 SII Legnum VR4
no worries tim i'm in no rush.
who do you use sor akko??

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I used asg for my leggie, they did a fantastic job. I used C-Red for my last tune on the supra. The guy actually owns a supra with a GT35R on it so cant go wrong there. But only a 2wd dyno so essentially useless for Vr4's. I got 450rwhp at 20psi... hard to find decent tuning workshops these days. On another note has anyone heard of KYP imports? I met someone on the weekend who had their whole auto to manual transmission conversion done in a day on a 180sx for cheap as. They bring in container loads of gear. might be worth a call to see if they are friendly with VR-4's?

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
I used asg for my leggie, they did a fantastic job. I used C-Red for my last tune on the supra. The guy actually owns a supra with a GT35R on it so cant go wrong there. But only a 2wd dyno so essentially useless for Vr4's. I got 450rwhp at 20psi... hard to find decent tuning workshops these days. On another note has anyone heard of KYP imports? I met someone on the weekend who had their whole auto to manual transmission conversion done in a day on a 180sx for cheap as. They bring in container loads of gear. might be worth a call to see if they are friendly with VR-4's?

I think their more after the rice burners and more common cars like skylines rather than rare exception like ours but still worth a shot i guess, c red tuned my mothers single turb's conversion soarer and got some good results, 240hp atw on standard ecu and standard exhaust.

Ill likely be going to allstar since they are so close to ellenbrook and have tuned tomtoms vr4 and his car feels heeps torquier now. Just not too happy bout the 1000 bucks to flash for like an extra 40 hp or so.

But the guy i spoke to bout my F'kd AYC seemed to have a good knowledge of how the system works, and Elfi takes too long to do anything.

Who is SOR?

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
all star changed my clutch and flushed my ayc, very quiet now. nick's a good bloke as well. I do agree though, a grand for a tune Is too much. I paid 550 back in the day to have my interceptor installed and tuned at rpw, and at the time they were quoting 300-600 for a flash if you have the right ecu.

so yeh, great knowledge and workmanship, they know their stuff. but a grand is far too expensive imo for a little extra grunt. great for mechanical work (even though they did 'forget' to do my ayc with all the confusion over the evo clutch)

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
I do agree though, a grand for a tune Is too much.

Be good if there where a few more decent tuners and 4-wheel dynos around!

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
this is true, who wants to fly merlin over to wa haha

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
this is true, who wants to fly merlin over to wa haha

Flying him over is probably the cheap bit... dyno's on the other hand are heavy i imagine. :-P

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
only if you need a bit of paper for wank factor(i do understand it's important haha) but I'm pretty sure he just street tuned in some of the other states. either way I'm in real need of a retune-the boys at allstar said mine wasn't...great. so if any options come up I'm keen. surely there are other good tuners in Perth

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Good tuners yes but re-flashing VR4 Ecu's im only aware of allstar and RPW ATPOT...... Id be in for group buy to fly merlin over to tune our ecu's. Hell im even considerign another 7202 and sending it to him and getting it done that way, sure its not a true tune of what you have on your car but its just settings and saves a fair bit of cash too....

Top Bottom