Anyone here willing to teach me how to wire up an amp?

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
hi guys, as per title I need someone to teach me how to wire up an amp and sub+front speaker? I thought its about time i learn some wiring stuff.
I got a 4 channel amp, hoping to connect the 2 front speaker and bridge 2 channel for the sub. (Did some reading here and found a lot of people do it this way)

I in western sydney, willing to travel reasonable distance+beer/cash as payment.

cheers,
Alvin

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
Boss audio amp

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Are 2 of the channels bridgable? What is the power rating of the speakers and sub (rms) and what is the power rating of each channel of the amp (rms)?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Sorry that was the answer to Akys question, not questioning that Naughtika wrote an essay.... (he probably didn't though :lol:)

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
Sure...

That has no real meaning behind it, just seemed appropriate to throw another one in there.

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
btw the coaxial speakers are 120W PEAK and 60W continuous
amp is 250Wx4

thats all i know

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Can you email me the model numbers or anything?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
btw the coaxial speakers are 120W PEAK and 60W continuous
amp is 250Wx4

thats all i know

Alvin, peak and continous doesn't mean much, better to provide the brand and model, that way guys here can provide you better idea of what to do and expect.. some speakers are good for high frequency and some better for mids..

same goes with the amp

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
Alvin, peak and continous doesn't mean much, better to provide the brand and model, that way guys here can provide you better idea of what to do and expect.. some speakers are good for high frequency and some better for mids..

same goes with the amp

thanks christian, ok. so here's what i have
BOSS audio amp - BA2910. 250Wx4 ( its very old)
HERTZ coax speaker - DCX 165( i think)
SUB is a sony ( I know.....but its a present :))

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
You will also need to list what model deck you have.

Can give you general wiring instructions....

Actually this essay is huge, reccomend paying beer and cash etc and getting someone local to do it lol, I consider installing audio easy but in saying that I have installed a shite load of systems and probably take it for granted a little. There is actually quite a bit to it when you start writing it all down :p

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Sony or Option Audio it doesn't matter, if they're setup right, they'll sound good :)

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
You will also need to list what model deck you have.

Can give you general wiring instructions....

Actually this essay is huge, reccomend paying beer and cash etc and getting someone local to do it lol, I consider installing audio easy but in saying that I have installed a shite load of systems and probably take it for granted a little. There is actually quite a bit to it when you start writing it all down :p

deck is Pioneer DEH-4350UB. yup thats what i plan to, pay someone cash/beer or cash+beer and teach me how to do it.( hands on) on the spot.

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
Sony or Option Audio it doesn't matter, if they're setup right, they'll sound good :)

Agree, started reading a bout car audio and theres as much information as any mechanical information involve in cars

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I'm in the same position Alvin, I've got a full system sitting here just need to build a sub box and fit it.

Top Bottom