1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Not on the forums i don't think. Looks like a good price for what it has though

Ernz1981

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ernz
Drive
1997 Galant VR4
cambelt is one thing..but were the rocker cover,spark plug seals, and water pump changed as well?

Looks like a good example though.

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
^^ +1 with rocker cover and spark plug seals.
Also check the lower control arms for play...if you are paying for an inspection.

G

Unregistered
If the belt has been done also ask if the pulleys and Hydraulic tensioner were done too.

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
2000 type S, Manual and Recaro's
All good questions I will ask the seller.
I would like to get it checked properly. I looked at the meek prices and they will do a written inspection for 250. Does this sound a bit high for a presale inspection?

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
if $250 means taking off the plenum and checking the compression level on all 6 cylinders and the usuals like underbody/rust/belts/etcetc. then its a good deal.

wil

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wil
Drive
99 Leggy
^ double check with them and ensure that they check all 6 cylinders.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
All good questions I will ask the seller.
I would like to get it checked properly. I looked at the meek prices and they will do a written inspection for 250. Does this sound a bit high for a presale inspection?

It is a pretty good price actually..the guy who bought my car paid $350 for the mechanic to inspect my car..but the mechanic came to my place..

Ernz1981

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ernz
Drive
1997 Galant VR4
Hey, just remember these cars are old.....you have to be reasonable what is "wear and tear" e.g. surface rust under the battery tray, and the bonnet hinges.

And leave some money over for repairs and a full fluid change (engine back at the least).

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Buy it if K's are genuine. 58k is very low. Look for wear on the steering wheel, excessive wear on the Recaro's etc. These sorts of things indicate K's. If these check out, plus the mechanical inspection you are getting clear's it, go for it. At that price, it is a great buy

Facelift+Manual+Blue+Suede Recaro's (Pity about the roof racks) is a pretty damn rare combo.

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
I very much doubt the k'a are genuine, but it may still be a low ish k car.
I actually like the roof racks, and they would be useful. If it was trigger it would be perfect.
Looks like it will be worth the trip up to Sydney to look at it.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
The km's could be genuine, which probably means lots of short trips, so like I always say, km's mean nothing, a compression test will tell you the most about the engine so get meek to check that on all 6 cylinders. Check for rust on all the door seams, underneath and in the strut towers. To be honest, with a car of this age I'd just care if is straight and clean, expect there to be a couple of mechanical problems, that way when there is some you won't be upset and if there aren't any you'll be happily surprised.

Looks good on a phone.

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
Brads car does look nice, and well maintained, however I a looking for a face lift version.

Cheers anyway.

Ernz1981

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ernz
Drive
1997 Galant VR4
related...one thing i always check is the ignition barrel...should be nice and tight...and they're kinda of exxy and a pita to replace..when winding back the clock.

loose is not good...for obvious reasons...

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
So are you saying that the ignition barrel must be removed or tampered with to wind back the ks ?

Also for those interested the meek inspections do include a compression check, as well as all the other expected checks.

Ernz1981

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ernz
Drive
1997 Galant VR4
no..i'm saying if the car has high Ks on it...the ignition barrel will be loose from wear and tear..(inserting the key more times).

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
That makes more sense, was racking my brain trying to figure out what they had to do with each other.

Top Bottom