Anyone know this car?

G

Unregistered
You just have a man crush on my car :p

Nice car that's for sure, but I'm pretty certain that guy has had some pretty bad rep about him, in particular from members on here. I believe Lee and a couple of others know of him and his dodgy ways. I may be mistaken though.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Yes i bought my R33 from simon some 4 years ago now. Claims to be private seller but very much a dealer, with 20+ sales each year..
Souce of vehicles has produced some questionable cars (losing 100,000ks between auction and sale in AU) BUT has been some good cars through them too. Take a good look at it, if he can produce the de-reg papers from japan and it checks out legit, it may be ok. But with your background (mech) just inspect it and go from there - you've seen enough now to know if a cars kms would be genuine or not.

As a hint on price, a car i could have picked up for $10.5k complied he advertised for $14k

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Sounds like a top fellow. I can't believe that anyone would actually want to 'privately sell' cars for a living, I think I'd pretty much do anything to avoid having to deal with prospective buyers ha.

Not interested in importing at all Jon?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
The pictures he has put up are pretty shit considering he is trying to sell a car.

G

Unregistered
Do a keyword search for his mobile phone number in Car Sales, and you see the two VR-4s he's also selling, along with a couple of Skylines. I think he popped up on the forum a while back too, trying to sell cars here as a private seller but got found out.

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
Those are the exact pictures he used for josh's car (smedsvr4) which ended up being a 1996 with more K's and not even been through regency yet. So expect it to be completely different to whats in the ad

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Do a keyword search for his mobile phone number in Car Sales, and you see the two VR-4s he's also selling, along with a couple of Skylines. I think he popped up on the forum a while back too, trying to sell cars here as a private seller but got found out.

Oh yeah, I think I remember that guy. Hahaha, he got flamed pretty bad from what I remember.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Description of the car definately does not sound like the pics.....

WTF are 17" evo X MR wheels;)

smedsvr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
josh
Drive
1996 Galant vr4
Yer that's my car. Some of the pics obviously are from another car and the k's were not what he specified. I had to take it to regency to get a inspection and got denied twice once cos the car had to be stock due to being the first aus owner then again cos one number was wrong on the paper work from melbourne. Wasn't to happy about thatbut I an very happy with how the car is and have had no problems with it :)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok

+eleventy :p

Jon, he has a habit of putting up different photos to what the car he is selling actually is. Inspite bought his car through him as well, his is nice and clean.

I sold the guy some parts just before xmas as he was trying to get a customers car on road. He said he is like the Adelaide arm of Tokyo Presige (I think is was), seemed like a reasonable guy but definately a used car salesman - and expect dealer prices but im sure you know all about that debate

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
The guy seems full of shit...it says work wheels when they look like stockies, momo steering wheel which is not even the regular nardi steering wheel...I would probabily not buy a car from him...

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Id say that he has done as he has previously and put up different pics to what the actual car he is trying to sell - hence the different description to the car in the photos

He does sell quite a few cars and the ones that i have seen have been nice and clean

Top Bottom