Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
G'day guys,

I have a manual converted VR4 and have just recently swapped in an engine harness from a factory manual. (was cleaning up old crusty wiring)

The 4-pin plug under the fuse box that connected to the starter motor used to have 3 pins, whereas the manual engine loom seems to only have 2 and is missing what I assume is the signal wire to the starter to actually turn it on.

My question is, if the manual engine loom doesn't have a starter signal in it anywhere, where does that signal come from? I've been poking around but cant seem to probe anything in that fusebox area or under the dash that flicks to 12v when trying to start the car.

has anyone come across this before?

Plug from the starter's side:
WOpNnDo.jpg

Plug from the manual engine harness side: (upside down, missing the thick Black/yellow wire)
wlbFHYL.jpg

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
Also if anyone happens to know where a wiring diagram for this kinda stuff would be, that may help out too
I'll keep looking though

crazynick505

Doing mad Helis
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nick
Drive
'96 Galant VR4 - 300kW
'19 Kia Stinger GT
'95 R33 Skyline
So I traced the starter signal from the key barrel, through the remote start module of my alarm system and back through to Pin D1 of the ECU
Apparently meant for the old A/T inhibitor switch. While my loom is apart, I'm assuming I'll be all sweet to just run a wire from that pin back to the plug I pictured above to get everything going

Top Bottom