Awesome New Mechanic !

G

Unregistered
So I got a phone call from a bloke today who wanted to come and buy my last Husky Puppy, he ended up dropping in to my place to do the deal after work, and arrived as me and my mate were out the front with our heads under his 33 GTR bonnet, which at the time was parked between my 34 and Leggy.
"It's like JDM city here" he says as he gets out of his car " I'd love the guts out of that transfer case for the GTR stuck in my shop"
Me and my mate had a look at eachother then bombed him with about 10,000 questions about his 'shop'. Turn out he has been a mechanic for 22 years and has just bought an awesome workshop here in Townsville complete with new All Wheel Dyno, the only one in town.
He is already up to his eyeballs in Evo's, GTR's and STi's, but is keen as to have a look at the Leggy. Turns out he does custom exhausts AND manifolds in house as well.
Already planning for him to do my 34 Turbo back / FMIC / Tune in the next few weeks, Then it will be the Leggies turn. He even wants to learn how to flash our ECU's and needs a guinea pig :p. My mate will have his GTR in there next week I will report back with a review, hopefully I have found the wonder mechanic Townsville needs so badly haha.

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
who is it then? but im no ginny pig be there done that and they failed every time,good luck though mate keep us posted

G

Unregistered
who is it then? but im no ginny pig be there done that and they failed every time,good luck though mate keep us posted

He is the new owner of Dynolink. In a moment of brilliance I have forgotten his first name overnight. Last name is Crawford lol. I will definitely keep you posted.

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
when did dyno link sell? rang them in febuary they didnt want any thing to do with it ,expecially re-flashing.

G

Unregistered
I think they have only owned for about a month. He replaced the staff as well. I seen them in January and they quoted me 12-24 hours for my 100k service haha.No surprise I went elsewhere.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Crawford? As in Crawford mechanical? Do they still exist?

G

Unregistered
Crawford? As in Crawford mechanical? Do they still exist?

Maybe just a coincidence, this bloke just bought Dynolink and moved here from Mt Isa last month where he has had a shop for 12 years.

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
I think they have only owned for about a month. He replaced the staff as well. I seen them in January and they quoted me 12-24 hours for my 100k service haha.No surprise I went elsewhere.

interesting would like a power run( no tunning ill leave that to steve@tme) want to compare old dyno read outs to now!

Top Bottom