AYC Pump pre&post facelift

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I think if it is a 4 then it isn't supposed to work....but if the AYC light isn't on then you'll be fine.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Well I drove my car back from brissy and the pump seems to work fine.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Sorry, im going to further highjack the trhead and questions whether an evo 6 AYC pump is suitable for a legnum?

My AYC is still sqealing after a fluid flush, suspect something may be busted

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
They are on the other side of the car and mounted quite differently. You could probably get one bodged in there though if you really really wanted.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Driving my car today I noticed that my AYC was making some noises then cut out then the red AYC warning light came on, could that be the symptoms of having the wrong AYC pressure switch?

Cheers guys.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I would imagine so, yes. The BEST person to ask about it is MPBVR4, he is on cvr4 and lives in the UK. His job entails something with switches and what not and he sells both types of switch to people in the UK. He will be able to tell you why it is happening, and will be able to sell you the right one.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
There should be a bit of a whine coming from the AYC pump when it is pressurizing the system, but there should never be any squealing. If there is, your clutch pack fluid most likely needs to be changed.

Top Bottom