AYC to LSD?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
** Moved from SiliconAngel's Member's Ride thread here**

Drove it to work today, the 'rattle' is actually more like a 'flutter'. It's not affecting take-off or driveability, but when I pull away in first there's this shuddering / fluttering / repetitive knocking sound. And as I said, having the wheels turned makes it MUCH worse. Changing gears at speed doesn't do it, though.

In Shrek voice, "Join the club, we've got jackets" ;)

Mine does that if the revs are low. If i clutch dump it from >2k it doesn't do it... I don't know about turning the wheel though because if i do that and start moving all i can hear is the inside rear (depending on which way i'm turning) trying to tear the tar off the road!

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
AYC?? should the inside wheel be turning on it's own?? do you have a VL??

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
AYC?? should the inside wheel be turning on it's own?? do you have a VL??

Rear Cusco LSD.... Or so we think, i haven't had it on the hoist yet to check it :)

Original ad from Japan said it had one too

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
So your AYC is disconnected?? if not, shouldn't matter what brand diff you run if it is compatable with the system it should never isolate a wheel

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
So your AYC is disconnected?? if not, shouldn't matter what brand diff you run if it is compatable with the system it should never isolate a wheel

Its not isolating it, it just goes the same speed as the one on the other side....

Interestingly enough though, i still get AYC lights on the dash but no AYC feel to the car. Its weird

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
So what I understand is........... the cusco system replaces the AYC and therefore works as a locker?? How does this effect the front diff?? do you have a cuzzy front also?? if so does this make a fully locked system?? sounds very cool

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
So what I understand is........... the cusco system replaces the AYC and therefore works as a locker?? How does this effect the front diff?? do you have a cuzzy front also?? if so does this make a fully locked system?? sounds very cool

Couldn't tell you the details as i'm not too sure myself lol.... Once i get the model number off the diff i will research it i think haha

AFAIK, you only replace the rear AYC diff with the LSD and the system works as it should with no AYC

If the AYC computer is still in it it could explain the dash lights still coming on but i really don't know to be honest

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Did you bring an apple??

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
For the teacher, dude c'mon, I have my hall pass

G

Unregistered
Couldn't tell you the details as i'm not too sure myself lol.... Once i get the model number off the diff i will research it i think haha

AFAIK, you only replace the rear AYC diff with the LSD and the system works as it should with no AYC

If the AYC computer is still in it it could explain the dash lights still coming on but i really don't know to be honest

correct, you replace the centre with the cusco unit, and you can remove all the pumps and what not if you like.

G

Unregistered
Same deal on my mates Evo 9 MR, removed the AYC centre and fitted a Cusco clunker diff, blocked up where the lines were and done.
Ill be going down this path as my AYC isnt very happy at all now

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
For the teacher, dude c'mon, I have my hall pass

:ROFLMAO:

Same deal on my mates Evo 9 MR, removed the AYC centre and fitted a Cusco clunker diff, blocked up where the lines were and done.
Ill be going down this path as my AYC isnt very happy at all now

Does he still get his AYC lights on the dash from the sensors telling the AYC computer it should be working when cornering?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I'll get a video of the tar tearing this arvo and post it in here.... Its good for scaring people in supermarket carparks :ROFLMAO:

G

Unregistered
Evo's dont have AVC lights like we do. And the pump and that is still there as it runs the ACD aswell.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
If you listen carefully in both videos you can hear it trying to chew tar.... But only just, over that obnoxious exhaust lol

And don't mind the audio lag, gotta love a quality camera haha

[URL="
Picture086.jpg

[URL="
Picture087.jpg

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Still keen to see the underside of your car to see what the diff looks like.

Top Bottom