Basic mods thread?

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
yeah a pic would be nice, i am getting backfire from my exhaust changing from 1 to 2 when planting it in auto sounds cool thou, i have dropped the boost, running 12psi on load now could also be coil pack problem but it only does it from gear 1 changing into second hrrm still curious with the MAF trick hehe. Unfortuneately i cant run my stock box due to cooler piping soo the CAI is my best bet and a tune or a piggy back ecu and tune, wish i could tune the 7202 but i dont know anybody in melb vic who can do it and im not computer savy enough to do it my self sighh....

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Im sure you could post it to one of the guys who are in the know whith that stuff and they will do it, maybe. :)

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
yeah maybe still that is a bit of a way off want to finish off the CAI get rid of all the factory cooler piping and hopefully aim for a setup that MADHAV has and finish off the exhaust and dump pipes)

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
Just wondering what would you guys recommend a custom made CAI or ARC box ?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
custom made,

put a below behind the filter, as the intake for the MAF, and make it fit a more generic panel rather then out $100 mofo's

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
so a CAI with a panel box so fk off the pod and make a CAI to hold a panel filter, yes ARC looks heaps cool but i don't see how it gets air intake it just sits there all open factory setup with a good panel filter would probably put out the same performance as the ARC would

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Re-locate battery to boot, custom carbon-fibre air-box holding twin pods (one off each turbo GTR style) using I think a MAP (corrected) sensor. Tonnes of cold air, great induction, great sound, looks tuff, performs well.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
I think you might mean MAP sensor, as there is already a MAF sensor on our cars.

bj82

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brad
Drive
99 SII Legnum VR4
Just having a look around and found this on the MAF screw "tuning".
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202083

Looks like there is a fair bit involved, well more than i was hoping anyway.
I was having wonderful day dreams about this big shiny screw sitting atop the MAF sensor being the perfect size for the one and only screwdriver i could find in my mess of a garage.

Oh well.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
I believe its just a grub screw in the bottom of the MAF that all you need to do is unscrew it till it sits flush with the surface around it.

Id be surprised if we run the same MAF as a Ferrari. :)

Riley

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Riley
Drive
96 Legnum vr4
Just having a look around and found this on the MAF screw "tuning".
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202083

Looks like there is a fair bit involved, well more than i was hoping anyway.
I was having wonderful day dreams about this big shiny screw sitting atop the MAF sensor being the perfect size for the one and only screwdriver i could find in my mess of a garage.

Oh well.

there is a writeup on clubvr4 about it......you just pull the MAF out, turn it upside down, pick out the silicone and use a large flat head screwdriver

bj82

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brad
Drive
99 SII Legnum VR4
Wicked, cheers guys. :)

lol i figured we wouldn't be running the same maf as a ferrari but thought it might be along those lines, ie: rather than just unscrewing blindly there might be a way to roughly quantify how much you are altering things.

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
hold up twin pods like an rb26 how the hell do u do that, let me try and answer my own question then you guys push me on the right track lol... so our turbos are some how connected to the single air induction that comes stock on the car so would that mean running two pipes from the original location of the induction or taking the original induction set up and splicing it into 2 to obtain two pods ?

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
lol the free maf mod was easy feel stupid now haha, going to give her a road test, might be a possible reading difference from my air fuel mixture gauge, just a little tiny concern though that piece of silicone literally went to shreds, is there a possibility of that screw winding it self out it is only plastic and there is very little tension on the screw

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
you will notice that on our cars it goes from the panel to two separate pipes that feed the turbos, what you would do is just have a pipe for each turbo with a pod on the end. If your into that sort of thing ;) but as mentioned you would have to get an aftermarket computer and run a MAP sensor instead of the MAF we have now.

Edit - I think it is possible for the screw to work its way out I vaguely remember someone on here loosing it just check it every now and then and if possible, just put some hot glue or silicon over it or loctite

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
I believe leebutts did the double pod thing on [123AYC].

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
i saw leebutts set up looks pretty damn cool for his supposed bunnings job =p, thanks for the tips on the screw just used really really adhesive sort of tape i think its gaffa tape for now. The twin pod set up does interest me but would it really be beneficial on such small turbos

Top Bottom