Best Postion For Boost Controller

G

Unregistered
First time round I put my boost controller and turbo timer into the coin pocket by the drivers right knee by the fuse box, its about the perfect size for things that size, and it meant i didnt have to worry about it getting nicked.

Do you guys find it annoying not having a clock though? Iv seen a few nice install in that area now, but I reckon for me i use the clock more than anything else.

Probably the best looking one iv seen is Gly's (Carsten), with the two gauge pods integrated into it, it looks like it could have been a factory piece:)

G

Unregistered
incase people wonder what mikes on about

CP1.JPG

CP2.JPG

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Look's good carsten is that custom?

A mate was telling me they have similar things off the shelf for wrx consoles.

G

Unregistered
First time round I put my boost controller and turbo timer into the coin pocket by the drivers right knee by the fuse box, its about the perfect size for things that size, and it meant i didnt have to worry about it getting nicked.

Do you guys find it annoying not having a clock though? Iv seen a few nice install in that area now, but I reckon for me i use the clock more than anything else.

Probably the best looking one iv seen is Gly's (Carsten), with the two gauge pods integrated into it, it looks like it could have been a factory piece:)

i've got a clock on my deck. :)

i was going to put something in the coin pocket, but i remembered a friend of mine had her greddy boost controller in there, and i was forever smashing my knee into it getting in and out of the car.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
I'd find that really disruptive on the steering wheel. Horses for courses :)

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
It is a pitb not being able to see the dash properly.

I could care less about what my boost is doing when I'm pretty sure everything is stock.

G

Unregistered
Gly, thats exactly what ill be doing with my oil temp, oil pressure and trans oil temp gauges. my boost gauge will be attached to the a-pillar.

how did you run the wiring for the gauges? did you drill a couple of small holes into the dash or does that top part of the clock/dash come off and then just mounted your custom gauge holder into the same spot?

G

Unregistered
Look's good carsten is that custom?

A mate was telling me they have similar things off the shelf for wrx consoles.

yep hand made it myself,

how did you run the wiring for the gauges? did you drill a couple of small holes into the dash or does that top part of the clock/dash come off and then just mounted your custom gauge holder into the same spot?

the top part can be removed, just drilled a couple of holes to allow the wires to get thru

Top Bottom