Best providers for parts?

G

Unregistered
hey guys

im lookin at jap part providers and from a couple of people have heard nengun would have competitive prices but... maybe a bit risky?

As it stands, and for lack of better knowledge maybe, i would only really look at buying parts from jap part makers considering the car is manufactured there...

im open to suggestions though :)

and geez... its a tad warm

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Jesse Streeter. I'm pretty sure his email is dartsun75@gmail.com . He's an Australian living in Japan who exports parts. I got my wheels through him and he comes with the highest recommendation by everyone who has dealt with him. And will be significantly cheaper than Nengun, rhdjapan, Greenline etc.

G

Unregistered
Oh wow thanks Tim... appreciate it... so basically pass on a shopping list and he'll source it and ship it out?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
You can do that, and he should be able to give you a rough idea of prices, alternatively source the parts yourself by searching yahoo auctions or whatever and send him the links, again he can price it up including shipping, commission etc. It is probably good to be as specific as you can so he doesn't have to do too much running around.

Apparently business has been a bit slow lately with the exchange rate how it is so I'm sure he'll be happy to help.

Half of nissansilvia.com has bought stuff through him so you can rest assured that he's trustworthy!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
What are you looking for exactly? For normal maintenance parts I would recommend ralliart nz

G

Unregistered
Greddy Spec R intercooler for my leggy... and possible info on setting up a new exhaust system... not 100% on info yet

do mistu dealers in vic that stock ralliart vehicles have say... panel filters? or is it best to go through ralliart nz??

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Jesse should be able to find you a price on the cooler, try him for sure. And if you don't mind, PM me the price when you get one cos I'm interested!

With the exhaust it may be cheaper to get one made up here. Big bulky item like that might be costly to freight.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
For the ralliart panel filter, you can buy these are Ralliart Dealers only.

I'm with Tim with the exhause unless it is a tune downpipe.

G

Unregistered
yeah sweet thanks guys :)

ill email him now and yeah ill defs pm with details...

yeah the exhaust ill scope from here...

ok so only from ralliart specific dealers... google-ing away!

G

Unregistered
oh wow thanks heaps guys...

I received an email reply already from Jesse who quoted the Greddy Spec R at $1932 total cost

G

Unregistered
Hey p.s

I just read a thread on the ralliart filter... is the general consensus here that it is a little better than stock... or the K & N an option also?

Im not looking for any sort of "gains" on the road... Just to have a solid filtration and replace the stock with a newie

G

Unregistered
oh wow thanks heaps guys...

I received an email reply already from Jesse who quoted the Greddy Spec R at $1932 total cost

Personaly I'd stay away for oil based filters like K&N. Only because of the oil factor.

A guy on ebay was selling the same intercooler for $1000, I wish I had the cash back then to buy it. Dam they are expensive.

He orderd it, and said it took months to finally get it... I think he sold his car before he got to put it on.
Someone got a good deal.

G

Unregistered
oh whoa really >.< jeez bargain basement.

Yeah i read a little more on the ralli art filter and it sounds pretty good... and as you said.. away from the oil base... just give it a squirt with HP air hose... sik!

:)

G

Unregistered
Personaly I'd stay away for oil based filters like K&N. Only because of the oil factor..

LMAO OIL FACTOR AHAHAHAH seriously wat are you scared that the "excess oil" is gonna foul the afm ? ahahah thats so funny:wanker: but seriously id like to hear your theory!!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I dislike them because of the fact you have to re-oil them and stuff. Just easier to stick with the Ralliart foam filter.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
LMAO OIL FACTOR AHAHAHAH seriously wat are you scared that the "excess oil" is gonna foul the afm ? ahahah thats so funny:wanker: but seriously id like to hear your theory!!

Re-oiling is a PITA.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Err, really not.

Take your car with stock paper filter. Dyno it. Remove filter altogether and dyno again. You'll be lucky to get 10hp difference and that will be right at the top of the rev range where you'll never see it anyway. Is that really worth $80 extra per filter? Is it really worth the hassle of cleaning and re-oiling? Is it really worth the substantially reduced filtration, leading to debris and contaminants entering your engine, causing damage? For 100hp it may be worth the tradeoff, but lets not kid ourselves here - your 'high-flow' filter isn't a magic performance enhancement. Its basically rice. But unlike a sticker, you may be damaging your engine in the process.

But don't let me stop you :wanker:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
My car goes above 6000rpm regularly. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear :D Unless I'm at Pukekohe then it does that in 5th gear too :D

Top Bottom