Best spark plug leads

tsai1

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ben
Drive
01 legnum
Hi guys I'm trying to get all the supporting mods done before a tune.I was wondering what the best leads are other than a cop setup.If you could give me some suggestions would be appreciated.
cheers

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
I have NGK leads which are supposed to be pretty good. Others use ICE which are also good quality and cheaper too, I think.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
From what i have seen, people are using ICE leads, cheap and good quality, also i believe NGK are good, quite a bit more expensive though.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
+1 for the NGK, had the ICE leads before those... Now have COP

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I have not had any problems using ice leads. biggest problem with our ignition is bad coil packs and by the time you buy new coil packs + new leads you could have bought COP which replaces both of these items. if you can afford it, you best off just biting the bullet and getting COP.

tsai1

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ben
Drive
01 legnum
Would lovevto get cop setup but the minister of finance has given me a budget.

G

Unregistered
Just tell her its the only alternative and it works out cheaper to go that way.

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
apart from the ones with coils on the end of them, ngk are probably the best, I had top gun as well, they were fine and ice seem to be ok too

G

Unregistered
One of the differences between the ICE leads and some of the mass-produced ones is that the cable on the ICE leads runs all the way through the boot and down to join onto the connector that clips onto the spark plug. Some of the mass-produced leads have what is essentially a self-tapping screw at the top of the boot that the cable simply jams onto, not making the greatest of connections and being a common place for them to break when carelessly removing for plugs changes if they are stuck on tight. This is also why you should only pull on the boot when removing them and not the cable.

tsai1

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ben
Drive
01 legnum
Thanks guys I'm probably leaning towards the ice leads but i need to know what size in mm .

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
They know all the sizes. We only run 5 mm leads anyway.

Top Bottom