Bleeding AYC with EvoScan

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Hey guys, I'm just getting ready to bleed my AYC but im having problems activating the pump with evoscan. It connects but I just keep getting a waiting for actuator pop up in the box on the side then it just says completed. I'm using an openport 2.0 cable and ive tried using evoscan 2.6, 2.7, 2.8 and 2.9.

It's worked in the past for me but it seems to be really hit and miss. I'd like to get it right so I know it'll work properly whenever I want to use it.

Oh, I also pulled pin 9 out of the cars OBDII port so that cant be the problem.

Cheers guys.

G

Unregistered
Is your steering wheel centered/front wheels straight?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
also is your car on an angle? like the rear's a lot higher than the front?

if so.. you need all 4 wheels up in the air

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
What they both said

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I can't say I noticed the angle of the wheels but I have a feeling they weren't straight. The car is on a very slight reward slope so I cant see that as being a huge problem but I'll check it out and report back. Thanks for the advice guys.

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
I don't have the right cable or something so I do it manually.
Open the reservoir in the boot, ensure its full and the area is well protected with rags.
Loosen the two bleed screws at the AYC and either allow gravity to do the work or use a hand vacuum
pump as you would use on your brakes.
Did this twice as a flush and fill. Not a sound anywhere, but then again my AYC is like brand new inside and out.

Went through so much wasted effort and originally the red light of doom came on and off..blah blah..the relay next to
the battery was dodgy. Opened it up filed the contact pips and aligned the plate to square the contact arm for better ...contact!
Not the pressure switch on the unit, not dirty fluid, not imbalanced tires,not the vacuum solenoids and so on.
So much wasted time...

WP_000760.jpg

Top Bottom