COOLANT BLEEDING (CVR4)

G

Unregistered
HI TREV HERE FROM N.I HAVING TROUBLE ,NOT GETTING HOT AIR FROM HEATER CHECKED THERMOSTAT IT WORKING BUT THE BOTTOM RAD HOSE IS COLD I DONT THINK THE COOLANT IS NOT CYCLING ROUND THE ENGINE I FLUSHED THE RAD OUT AND IT MIGHT HAVE AIR LOCKED THE SYSTEM ANY IDEAS

G

Unregistered
There is a bleed screw just back from where the top rad hose joins to the engine. Have you tried bleeding air from it.

G

Unregistered
THANKS PETER HAVENT SEEN THAT SPENT HOURS MESSING ABOUT THE THERMOSTAT DOES SEEM TO BE OPENING MATE AND I AM AFRIED OF BOILING HER

G

Unregistered
I just replaced my rad a short time ago and didn't have any problems but I had cracked open the bleed screw until fluid came through without any bubbles. Hopefully opening it will solve the problem

G

Unregistered
IF I CAN FIND THE DAM THING
I THINK I HAD THAT PIPE OF AND I DIDNT SEE ANY SCREWS ON IT IS IT ON THE TOP PIPE NEAR THE ENGINE

G

Unregistered
It may not be easy to see unless you remove some of the intake piping . It just looks like a bolt on top of the housing the pipe is attached too

G

Unregistered
AH ITS ON THE THERMOSTAT HOUSING MATE WILL HAVE A LOOK IN THE MORNING THANKS

G

Unregistered
Yep sorry should have made that clear earlier

G

Unregistered
his shouting coz his along way away

:D

Carmel - The bolt in question, as Peter says is on top of the thermostat housing and (provided it's not worn/lifted away) there's a yellow warning label near it.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Gahhhh, stop using all caps or we will ban you. Seriously it isn't that hard to do

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Seriously man, you're giving me a bad name :eek:

Just for future reference, it's considered extremely rude to constantly use CAPS in forum posts. It's the equivalent of shouting, quite apart from it being more difficult for your eyes to process. A lot of forums will ban you for doing it constantly, including ours...

Top Bottom