Boost Controller Solenoid/Stepping Motor placement

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
@ Dawso - want a HKS EVC 4 boost controller? Fully functional i swear. $7000 just for you :)

Thats a good deal.... PM bank details (y)

I would suspect that Matt is onto it. It does sound like incorrect settings are causing it to fail.

Do you get the error when you turn the car on only? Or when the unit is on and the car is not?

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
To me it sounds like you have inhibit mode on... If you have instructions look up how to turn inhibit mode off.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
Thats a good deal.... PM bank details (y)

I would suspect that Matt is onto it. It does sound like incorrect settings are causing it to fail.

Do you get the error when you turn the car on only? Or when the unit is on and the car is not?
To me it sounds like you have inhibit mode on... If you have instructions look up how to turn inhibit mode off.

both when he car is off and on.

here is the link for the manual
http://www.hksusa.com/content/pdf3371.pdf

can you see it in there guys?

Also THANKS!!!!! :)

EDIT: the other thing guys is i have not connect port "b" to anything. only coz that is what was in the CVR4 guide.

should i have? if so to wherE?

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
the one power cable you have on it, is it connected direct to battery or through ignition? otherwise itd lose all settings every time the engine was shut off like a radio wouldnt it

edit: i forgot to read the second page and obviously more has been revealed ignore me!

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
Well guys. After spending many hours working on this. I was on teh internets and discovered that the unit is indeed faulty.

Infact i bought a faulty unit. It was described in the auction as faulty, well actaully "junk" is the correct term. Reason i didn't pick up on this is because, well basically i didn't read it throughly enough.

So i have learnt an exspensive lesson.

Not all is lost. Import Monster going to contact the seller although expectations are low, otherwise theyare willing to put it back up for sale on Yahoo Auctions. Obviuosly mentioning that it is faulty etc.

In the mean time i have ordered a BRAND NEW Gizzmo MS-IBC.
Should get it in a couple of days.

G

Unregistered
That's a bugger dude. I guess we had it connected on properly on Sunday then. I wonder which component the fault lies in. Could you even put it up for sale on eBay yourself? Someone would probably want it for spares or to have a go at fixing it.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
yeah shit happens i guess. Yeah we did. Thanks again for that was much appreciated :)

Yeah Import monster asked me that also. Any idea how i can test it?

Was think about doing that but i thought i would almost be garanteed making most of my money back if i put it up on yahoo coz someone had to bid close to what i paid for me to pay what i did, hope that makes sense.

G

Unregistered
Know of anyone in Melbourne who also has one that you could try to plugging your modules into?

Yeah your reasoning make sense.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
AFAIK with the HKS EVC. Each part, stepper motor, controller and display all have matching serial numbers. These need to match otherwise the bits will not interface together.

thats my understanding.

HOWEVER! anyone got a HKS EVC 4 in VIC or elsewhere that would be willing to give me a hand?

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
AFAIK with the HKS EVC. Each part, stepper motor, controller and display all have matching serial numbers. These need to match otherwise the bits will not interface together.

thats my understanding.

HOWEVER! anyone got a HKS EVC 4 in VIC or elsewhere that would be willing to give me a hand?

Im also interested to know how true this is, as it says it all over my documentation and i have heard it many times before.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
matt would you be willing to give me a hand in identifying the issue?

I could post it to you etc. Can pay you for your time etc.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Id be happy to help if i can. Bare in mind though i have an evc 4 which is the model prior to yours. What would you want me to check.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
Ah is yours this one?

3.jpg

G

Unregistered

thats my understanding.

I find it hard to believe that stepper motor would be locked in, it's a pretty dumb device. The controller and display might be though. They probably spread the rumour to keep the spare parts market to themselves.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
I find it hard to believe that stepper motor would be locked in, it's a pretty dumb device. The controller and display might be though. They probably spread the rumour to keep the spare parts market to themselves.

My thoughts exactly.

Top Bottom