Removing Apexi Boost controller

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
Hi folks, so I'm looking to remove the Apexi boost controller. There's some interesting host work going on in there, so I wanted to throw these diagrams I've drawn up and get your opinion on them. Particularly if my analysis of the stock boost hose routing is correct. The current modified Vac/Boost hose routing is added for comparison.

Stock Vac Hose routing (what I've deduced):

Stock Boost control.png

Current Modified Vac Hose routing:

Modified Boost Control.png

Anyone able to tell me if my diagram for stock vac hoses is correct?

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
I'm also curious if the use of the rear plenum chamber vac line for everything *including* the Fuel Pressure Regulator is a good idea. I would have though that's a lot of stuff to be routed through multiple T-joins. Even with the Apexi boost controller I would think the Fuel Pressure Regulator should be on almost it's own vac feed.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Incorrect. The factory boost control uses load or airflow converted back to load anyway. It sets an initial duty cycle on the factory solenoid which is only a bleed, then compares the load with the target load and adjusts the duty cycle accordingly.

Fuel pressure regulator is normally on its own feed as well.

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
Can someone also tell me
Incorrect. The factory boost control uses load or airflow converted back to load anyway. It sets an initial duty cycle on the factory solenoid which is only a bleed, then compares the load with the target load and adjusts the duty cycle accordingly.

Thanks. Why is there two devices right next to each other with vac hoses going into them though? Each of these has two vac line connections to them and both have electrical connectors. One of them is black plastic with a cone shaped end (this looks like the boost solenoid). I'd take a photo but it's a freakin' maze down there.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
One is the boost control solenoid, the other is the fuel cold start solenoid (the one toward the rear of the car).

Top Bottom