Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Tim
Drive
1998 Legnum Type-S VR4
2004 Ford Territory 4 sp Dual fuel
2006 Ford Territory 6 sp Dual fuel
I've been playing around with AVC-R Boost controller and it is working really well. Smashing a steady 13PSI very quickly and holding it fairly well except around top end of 4th gear where there is very noticable "pulsing" in the torque. In the RPM/Boost graphs I can see the boost dropping and rising on a .7sec cycle-ish, it isn't dropping by much.
Would this be what I've read as "Boost creep" or is this the result of the solenoid duty cycle opening and closing causing a flutter effect? Could this be fuel supply related?
F/B Speed setting in the EBC seems to have some influence on this issue, maybe I need to replace the solenoid?
Churrsssss
edit: I think It is on learning gear mode so I might try switching all that off and have a nice day fine-tuning it all and keeping it on manual settings with low feedback speed.
Need to find someone to tune my legnum in central/western Vic!

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
", very noticeable" if u you mean it's like hitting a brick wall, then that's boost cut, means yeah, your boost is creeping up over the limit.

Boost cut is around 12-14psi depending on the air temperature.

Legnooms

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Tim
Drive
1998 Legnum Type-S VR4
I thought maybe that, its not as violent as full on boost cut. Can you get varying degrees of boost cut?
Its very pulsey, like the torque is throbbing.
Im trying to work out if its a cyclic spiking or dropping of boost still.
Only really there if I'm pushing 14psi though so probably a bit of spiking into boost cut

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Top end power though, maybe your plugs or fuel pump aren't keeping up?

Legnooms

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Tim
Drive
1998 Legnum Type-S VR4
I'll try and get a video of it n graphs if I can.. I haven't upgraded the fuel loop yet so I've wondered if that might have tied in somehow

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Unlikely, have you upgraded the pump or replaced the plugs/leads lately

Legnooms

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Tim
Drive
1998 Legnum Type-S VR4
Nope have had the car for 6000kms

Legnooms

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Tim
Drive
1998 Legnum Type-S VR4
Hmmm, got the chance to go for a drive this evening. Noticed in tunnel that I could hear a faint metallic ringing from the wheel (sounds like one of the metal guards behind the rotor?) noise is speed dependent so faster I drive the faster the noise "rings", not really noticable above 60kmph. Other noise noted when planting foot, (this noise doesn't happen if I switch off the EBC and simply run ~7PSI no boost solenoids) is a "whistle" (think like a squeaky pully wheel perhaps?) which sounds like it is in the rear end. Again, must run 9-13psi and be 5000RPM+ for this noise to be heard.
I will have to find a chance to lift the wheels up and give everything a spin to see whats happening :l

Top Bottom