Brakes: Who is running what and thoughts

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Had three setups so far:

Stock everything - this was shit. Changed to my second setup fairly quickly.

DBA Rotors, A1RM pads and AP Racing fluid - much better. Braking performance more than adequate for the street. A1RMs are a great pad, only take one stop to heat up enough for regular driving and bite really well if you're being a little more enthusiastic.
Not great for the track though, started getting fade one or two laps into Marulan and braking points suffered badly as I tried to conserve brakes (admittedly front pads and rotors were due for a replacement).

Brembo calipers, A1RMs, braided lines, AP Racing fluid, RDA Rotors - pedal feel is crap still, but the car stops heaps better now. Yet to try this setup at the track. @GavDaniels how did you get the master to fit? The inside of the fittings are different between the evo and the vr4 (I was planning on doing this swap, but couldn't get the lines to seat properly in the evo master)

Pedal feel has always been shit, hoping to fix that if I can get that master installed.

G

Unregistered
They're not on a VR4, but I've got these bad boys (front & rear) :D hehe

1459391650976.jpg

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive
2006 Mercedes Benz ML320CDI

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
2000 Galant VR-4 Type V (Race Car) (regretful sale)
Hey there,

Was several years ago, but from what I remember the Evo 5 RS had a master cylinder marked 17/16 so oversize and this will bolt in.
The Evo8 MR can be adapted to fit with an adjustment of the brake line positions and re wiring of the fluid sensor.
No others will fit without major works.

Regards

Gavin

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Hmmm... Not sure what evo mine was off. Lines bolted up fine once we swapped resevoirs over and the fluid sensor bolts straight in. It's just the way the line seats with the master that's different...

Top Bottom