Builder in Melbourne

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
My aunt is looking at having some renovations done to her house and the quote she has seems very expensive. Is anyone on here a builder or know/recommend someone who could give her another quote?

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
Where abouts in Melbourne? Quinto Developments are a firm we do work for and Dave (owner) does do a good job, not sure about pricing though. If she's savvy enough, she could try going down the owner/builder path. That would require organizing her own trades and all that, but there'd be no fee from a developer/builder.

yoshimitsu9

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
stefan
Drive
ae86 sprinter
how bigger renovations is she after?

im just about qualified carpenter, not quite sure if i would want to take on a large job straight off the bat.

failing that i can probably put her onto one of my mates (hes a carpenter too) who might be interested

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
From what i've seen of the plans its moving things around internally of the house. Like moving the kitchen, bathroom. I'll see if i can get the before and after plans and put them up

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
Price/complexity of the job will depend greatly on foundation design... If her house is on a concrete slab, big headache to move the kitchen sink wastes or to run utilities through the floor. May also encounter engineering issues if you're shifting load-bearing walls with a ring foundation/stumps, but those are (usually) just the externals. See if you can get those plans and between stefan and myself I think we'll be able to nut out how hard it'll be. Get engineering details too, if you can.

Top Bottom