frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
yeah i realise this... if anyone wants to help me find an S-AYC diff, id love your help :D Really hard this time of year apparently. Id really like to do the S-AYC however worst case scenario i think i may be able to pick up another prefacelift VR4 one relatively cheap... Generally if something breaks i always want to upgrade though so going to give it some time to source the s-ayc first. Brad - can you keep an eye out for me? i dont mind calling from here to NZ to speed things up when one is found...

G

Unregistered
i cant find anything s-ayc related, not on trademe anyway, haven't seen one in ages,
not to many evo 8/9 wrecks about atm,

see how things are after the holiday season :p usually more up for grabs then.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
send a pm to vr4wgn, the guy who posts up parts all the time. He should have one.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
from an evo 8? or from a vr4. like i said i think i found a vr4 one here in australia pretty cheap already...

TommyG

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Tom G
Drive
2001 Legnum
Hey guys, thought I'd chime in with my leggys odd rear end noises that Iv been told is the diff by my mechanic today. The weird thing is the noise is very suttle, a rattle/ very light knocking noise almost like a marble rolling around inside the wheel. Noise can be heard low speeds only and disappears when I apply the break. I thought bearing but he's sure it's the diff :/

KReno

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Kavrin
Drive
1996 manual Legnum VR4 AWD
Hey guys I'm having trouble figuring out how to remove the diff, is there a pictured guide or video that shows how to do it for a non qualified person ?

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Hey guys I'm having trouble figuring out how to remove the diff, is there a pictured guide or video that shows how to do it for a non qualified person ?

Refer Partsouq diagrams or readily available workshop manual. Refer here and here

Again, this is not the correct place to ask this and this thread is incredibly old.

Take it to a mechanic if you are struggling.

Top Bottom