Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Tim
Drive
1998 Legnum Type-S VR4
2004 Ford Territory 4 sp Dual fuel
2006 Ford Territory 6 sp Dual fuel
Well would I expect the BOV to be opening at 11psi? Maybe there's something not putting the pressure onto it to hold it closed because the only way air could get to the pod is through the bov recirculating it

IMG_20171019_124641.jpg
IMG_20171019_124655.jpg
IMG_20171019_124709.jpg

Legnooms

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Tim
Drive
1998 Legnum Type-S VR4
Okay may have found something...
This line from the plenum connect to the hard-line near the wastegate.
IMG_20171019_130702.jpg

Should feed the hard-line to the blow off valve yeah?
IMG_20171019_130712.jpg

The bov is nt getting any pressure through the vacuum line. So if what I have said is correct I will bypass the hard-line and pipe the bov direct to plenum and see what happens. Awaiting go ahead :p

Legnooms

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Tim
Drive
1998 Legnum Type-S VR4
Bov vacc line now bypassed. Silicone to the plenum and holy shiiiiiit I just got a new car. So this is what you've all been driving hahaha, instantly hits 11psi now so gotta dial everything down.
I guess my hard-line is damaged or blocked somewhere n because I can't even put air through it with the air compressor.

IMG_20171019_134545.jpg

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i'd prefer to use hard lines as much as possible. Try to clean the hard line by blowing air to it?

Legnooms

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Tim
Drive
1998 Legnum Type-S VR4
I put the compressor onto it its blocked pretty bad, couldn't even get a hiss o go through it.. maybe even kinked? I dont really know what its deal is

Legnooms

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Tim
Drive
1998 Legnum Type-S VR4
Shoved some wippersnipper cable down it, no obvious blockage but its clear now so I would say mudwasps probably.
Now with all the new seals and hose its running so nicely :)
Eventually I will do the TB seals because there seems to be a quiet hiss near it, not sure how much of the noise is just intake vaccuum running through the plenum though lol

Whatsatransfercase

300atwkw is all I need in life
First Name
Levi
Drive
Pfl factory manual sunroof Legnum vr4, Legnum vr4 coty, Galant vr4 sunroof manual, automatic leggy hack
Dont quote me on it but I believed fl run factory 10psi and I know its common for boost control solonoids to give up and if so you will be boosting on soring pressure hence that lack of change, just a theory

Legnooms

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Tim
Drive
1998 Legnum Type-S VR4
I figured it out but cheers. Turned out that the b.o.v vacuum hard-line was blocked (probably mudwasp) so it was just opening at the bov spring rating because the boost pressure wasn't being directed to the top of the valve to keep it closed under open throttle

Top Bottom