Car Bogging down on WOT

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
So one of the many issues that Im having atm is that if I go to floor it the car bogs down a lot like if you have a manual converted VR4 and forget to turn off traction control and you floor it.

This has been happening since I removed all the traction control stuff and got my ecu reflashed with a manula rom.

Here's a video of what its doing, gradual throttle increase is fine its just going WOT that it doesnt like.

Also those dash lights are:

Engine code 14 which going off the engine code thread is: Throttle Position Sensor System

ABS error code 52 which going off the engine code thread is: OFF relay valve failure or power system failure ABS-ECU. What does that mean?

Now I've checked the tps with a multimeter and all the readings I got were correct so I dunno whats going on with that.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Looks like a launch control if only activated by 100% throttle.

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Yeah its not fun. Anyone able to point me the direction of how to fix it?

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Right new discovery. I plugged in the traction control/tps plug and no bogging down on WOT, but car was running pretty rough.

So is it possible to join the wires for both tps plugs and use the plug that has the 4 pins?

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
what manual rom did you flash on it?

PM me the ROM if you dont want to post it up.

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
I have no idea tbh, I got one of the guys thats apart of both clubvr4 & here in NZ to do it for me.

Having the auto tps plugged has giving me WOT back haha and the engine light isn't showing up anymore.

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Ugghh this is the least of my worries now. I cleaned up the front rocker cover as there was a lil oil and crap there. After 10min of driving I had a look at it and theres heaps of oil in/on the rocker cover. Yay

Top Bottom