Clutch action / wear symptoms.

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Ive had an exedy HDB installed about 14 months ago....wondering if maybe soemone can tell me if this things rooted or not......going up thru the gears is fine for the most part but coming back down from 5th-4yh-3rd etc upon stepping on the clutch the revs dont drop, they are maintained at the rpm they currently at and then slowly drop until its below 1000rpm before its free again....i can rev between changes to free it up otherwise it doesnt angage properly how it used too....anyone know if its gone or if its just the thrust bearing? Anyone had this problem or know its cause?????

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
yup there certanly is. i didnt mine. made it real comfy to drive

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Thanks to added tune + more boost my clutch has decided to let me know it really is worn out.

This is in 4th gear, but it happens in 2nd and 3rd too :/ When I hit boost the engine starts free reving... but my speed stops increasing :(

The action is only in the first 5 seconds of the video btw. The clutch grabbed the 2nd time... but it does show that I'm hitting 19psi in 4th...

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
haha yep mines done that when i had the stock one, its a really disappointing feeling, but wait till you feel the new clutch when you get one. cause you'll notice the difference alot more :D

Top Bottom