1493534678175-1035341495.jpg

wintertidenz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
98 Galant VR4
The BCC and BAB is your cylinder bore size. 1010 is your block bearing bore marks.

If you've run a bearing though you need to get clearances checked anyway as you might require the block to be line bored and new bearings to suit.

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
The BCC and BAB is your cylinder bore size. 1010 is your block bearing bore marks.

If you've run a bearing though you need to get clearances checked anyway as you might require the block to be line bored and new bearings to suit.
So this is not the other numbers you were talking about? The noise had only just started then she's been parked up but will be checking everything else but before I pull engine out I want the bearings here. Above posts have more bearings in kit I want crank and Conrod . Thanks.

wintertidenz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
98 Galant VR4
All 3 sets of numbers go together. If you're replacing the mains bearings you should do conrod bearings and the thrust bearing.

The snippet that was posted earlier from the manual shows how the numbers work together so you can figure out what bearings you need.

wintertidenz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
98 Galant VR4
And you're best to pull the engine first as you might order bearings, then find that the mains tunnel needs to be ground - which changes the bearing sizes.

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
Problem is I can't work out what's what looking at numbers. Tiny little metal in sump so I'm hoping I'll get away with something s as I stopped straight away will see how I go will do all bearings and journals

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
As per PM don't just order bearings on a whim. take it to a professional and get the damage assessed or you could be throwing money down the toilet on bearings that will possibly be no use to you.

but here is all the info you need to decipher the markings on the block and the part numbers (includng thrust washers). not that the numbers are relevant as your best to get the thickest bearings and have the block machined to acheive the correct tolerances.

Main Bearing chart.JPG
Main Bearings.JPG
Rod Bearing Chart.JPG
Rod Bearings.JPG
Thrust.JPG

Top Bottom