Cup holder light

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Hey, guys. I just noticed that other cars have a light in the cup holder that works. I have a light too, but it's never worked! So I take off the tray thing in my armrest and have a look down there and it seems as if the light has been disconnected. There is a white connector that seems to connect to it as in the picture. The problem is, I can't reach around the rear of it to plug it in. It's possible that I could do this by removing the cup holder. So the question is, how do I get the cup holder out? Tried pushing up from under the armrest hole but no go. is there a tab or something I need to push or pry it open from the top?

Attachments

• armrest.jpg
    armrest.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 34

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
Unfortunately, that doesn't work. Blasted thing is stuck down pretty firmly.

G

Unregistered
Unfortunately, that doesn't work. Blasted thing is stuck down pretty firmly.
Need to get the cup divider out before that hole section will come out.

Look at that last picture its been removed

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Even with a T5 white led replacement, the blue cover over the light makes it still fairly useless...

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
Well, I managed to get at the connector by going to the back seat and reaching into the cavity from behind. So it worked -- for a few minutes. It came on sporadically then went off again, then didn't come back on. Either a faulty light or faulty connector/cable. Can't be stuffed working it out right now. I'll take out the light on the weekend and try to find a replacement at Supercheap/Autobarn/Repco.

Top Bottom