damn fox!!!

G

Unregistered
hey guys,

some bad news!! while driving thru the hills last nite. one of australias humble pest ran out the front of me and went 'whack'. now last nite didnt think much of it.
walk out this morning and hav noticed that this f***en fox has smashed my front bar.
now my question is!!! becoz its plastic im going to guess it will be almost impossible to fix so the only real way to fix it is to get a new one. is there anyone around that i am able to get one???
mine is a 97 COTY pearl white
any help would be great

thanks
very pissed of AZZY

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
Hey you should be able to get it plastic welded, that is what they do for motorcycle fairings. If you can't locate one or want to find out who is good and who is not so good contact a local bike workshop. Good luck. I need to get a small repair done on my bar at some stage but will do it when the FMIC and auto cooler go in.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
You aswell Mark?!
There's something about our cars that's attracting the wildlife to run out and get cleaned up by us :banghead:
Argh.
Not to worry though, you should be able to get a pre-facelift bar from NZ.
Then all you have to do is get it painted and you're set.

Show us some photos too.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
You aswell Mark?!
There's something about our cars that's attracting the wildlife to run out and get cleaned up by us :banghead:
Argh.
Not to worry though, you should be able to get a pre-facelift bar from NZ.
Then all you have to do is get it painted and you're set.

Show us some photos too.

Or a facelift 1 :D

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
I hit a feral cat in mine and broke the front bar too.
I was able to get it fixed for under $500 I think, including fog lights bis sent from Scotland (Thanks Peter)

There should be a thread somewhere telling my story.

G

Unregistered
yeah ive had a look at ebay and that may be the way to go.
i didnt actually think of the plastic welding. i kno a few so i may give that a go i think

G

Unregistered
where exactly is it cracked? I've got Nick's old 'plow' and he cracked his front bar and 'stitched' it back up with zip ties! Actually looks kinda cool i reckon :p. He just drilled holes down either side of the crack and ziped her up! Could be a good temporary fix, unless it's royally rooted:)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Chris, the "franken-bar" of "Plow" is the best characteristic ever and is a damn fine looking ghetto-mod.

Mark, it's a shame to hear about the fox wasting your front bar... but you are doing your bit to keep our native wildlife safe :D

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
yeah get an aftermarket bar, hit more than one furry creature with my fibreglass bar...they just bounce straight off!

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Can you show a pic of the damage?

I don't see the sense in paying $1000+ for an aftermarket front bumper if you could have the stock repaired for a few hundred.

Top Bottom