God damn you Legnums! why are you such good value!

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
yeah im quite looking forward to the leggy. got an offer on the ss for $19K today. said no.
so at least the sale process is underway. this is my 3rd time flirting with the idea of getting a leggy but this the 1st time ive been dead serious. kinda nervous.

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
Well how things have changed. I'd still love a legnum, but it would require me to get a small loan of about $6-$7 grand after I sell the ss. Me and the wife REALLY want to build a house, so it looks like I'll just be buying a car outright with what I have left over after the ss sells. ($6-$7k) and best bit is NO CAR LOAN! at least I'm still staying Mitsubishi, I'm looking at buying a TJ magna vrx as the commo replacement. I think I just need a break from holdens for a while. Andfor the price the TJ magna vrx seems like a good buy. Ok poke, ok looks.

I wonder if ill ever get into a leggy? *sigh. I hate growing up and making wise decisions.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
So are you saying that a VYSS is only worth $5k?? :p
I take it you already have an outstanding loan for the SS which you have to pay out?
That really sucks for you :( There are some bargains to be had if you can wait/look around for around $8-9k

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
Nah bloke, I'm saying after the sale, and I close the loan. I'll have $6k-$7k to buy a car with.

Prices me out of the decent legnum zone.

Magan vrx is in the price range and looks pretty good for what you pay yeah?

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
for that sort of money I would try saving another 2-3k and buying a cheap Legnum. Although if money is gonna be tight down the track with house payments a Magna wont cost you as much to maintain.

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
Im actually hoping to buy a facelift 2010 outlander xls in 2013.
I love the look of them!

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Nah bloke, I'm saying after the sale, and I close the loan. I'll have $6k-$7k to buy a car with.

Prices me out of the decent legnum zone.

Magan vrx is in the price range and looks pretty good for what you pay yeah?

Still might find it hard to get into a decent TJ VRX for that money. I picked one up for my wife's car in Feb, for $9500. Pretty good condition, 92000km, 5 speed tippy (unfortunately), private sale. The only ones I saw that you could realistically get down to $6k had 200 000km on them.

Still, they are a nice daily. I would have bought her a Galant to go with my Leggy for the same sort of money, but I was not allowed to :(

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
If you are keen on a Legnum still, I pretty much bought mine with $5k in the bank and no loan. Yes it's an auto and it had done a smidge over 100,000km but it was an auction 4 interior and exterior, had belts etc. replaced already at 95,000km and no mechanical issues. Basically I paid the broker fee, then started saving a bit, then paid the FOB for the car, kept saving and by the time the shipping/compliance fees had come around I'd saved enough to knock them off comfortably. It can be done! And I am super happy with the choice because the things are so nice to drive. Although I don't have a house being built or a kid :)

Top Bottom